It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devout Christian's View from Experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
OK, here goes. I am going to try to make sense of all of this. It is all IMO, but nonetheless, something I think about on a daily basis. I also get lots of criticism from self-proclaimed Christians with whom I talk about this.

Ever since I was young and forced to go to church, I had a hard time accepting what was said and pure truth. Icould not believe that "the word" taught at my church was the whole truth. I believed in God, but just not as he was presented. How could he kill and yet killing was a sin. this is just ONE of many contradictions that I just couldn't accept as a child of 10. Anyway, on to my adulthood.

I believe that the way Christianity was presented was a way of controlling the masses. The self-empowering parts (missing and omitted Gospels of Mary, etc.) are conveniently left out so that the masses will "follow" instead of "live" the "word." The "word" was edited to have meaning that the leaders of the early church wanted it to have in order to control the people. Many accepted this word with blind faith.

Not I. As a young man, I worked for and aerospace company for a portion of my young adult life. It is this work that changed my view on Christianity forever. (see my profile)

From that time on, I became devout, but in the following belief. Jesus was a hybrid. Plain and simple. We were put here by an alien race, and they are the missing link. The star of Bethlehem was a ship. It lead the wise men to see the son of God, who was described many times in the bible as an "unearthly being." Our God is not who the Christian religion teaches us, God is who created us. There is a God, I truly believe, but not the God that is described by HUMAN WRITINGS.

This is my belief in a nutshell. It will not change, and I believe the earth is in for an awakening in a few short years and will find out.

As always, other opinions and debates are always welcomed.

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
recently i have been thinking the same thing to back in the day people would get confused by bright lights thinkin it was an angel or god really bein a ufo i have a strong feeling on that.... there are ancient pictures an paintings of ufos in artwork i have 80%belive in the theory

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Many "UFO" depictions in ancient artworks are symbols for other objects.

Not flying crafts.

If anything, cave drawings of "alien" figures is a better example. Thats just my opinion though.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Have a read of the books which research the "Jesus of India".
They make a much better case than the bible at who Jesus was.
A good one in paticular is:
Jesus Lived in India: His Unknown Life Before and After the Crucifixion
IMO, i think the tale of a real man with human struggles is much more inspiring, plus it uses a lot of historical fact to make its case - something the bible no longer can do with all it's translations and re-writes.

Some other books like "The Gods of Eden" tell of a lineage between Alien races, commerical religions, the brotherhoods, the banking empire and war since the ancient egyptians. This book is a good one because it was written in the 80's so it's not just lifted off the net, most of what it says about the banking empire and war is spot on today and still happening.

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 02:55 AM
link   
We were put here by an alien race, and they are the missing link.

I just wonder! If they put us here, what is the reason behind abduction and human experimentation as written in many UFO books? Shouldn't they know our human make-up?

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by prsbuff

I just wonder! If they put us here, what is the reason behind abduction and human experimentation as written in many UFO books? Shouldn't they know our human make-up?

Just like we have good & bad ppl on earth,its the same all over the galaxy,some not so good aliens will abduct ppl and do cruel things,but on the other hand you'll have the good aliens who will abduct you,and give you guidance,and will not hurt you...jesus was one of those good aliens

posted on Nov, 22 2005 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Just like we have good & bad ppl on earth, it's the same all over the galaxy, some not so good aliens will abduct ppl and do cruel things,but on the other hand you'll have the good aliens who will abduct you,and give you guidance,and will not hurt you...jesus was one of those good aliens

"Good" and "bad" in our human interpretation......maybe not in theirs. We are being abducted to create another race for another planet. The greys (whom I believe put us here in the first place) are creating another race for yet another planet. It's all part of the master plan.

Besides, who's to say that those who were here before we were made weren't being abducted to make us? Maybe the Greys just wanted us to evolve faster, or they wanted more intelligent (ouch, given the world condition today) life on this planet, so someday we could, too, spread life throughout the universe, too. We are already creating mixed species of plants and "playing God" as some would say. I ask this: If God didn't want us to change life and create new species of plants, and eventually animals, we wouldn't have those materials at our disposal.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Sexymon,
That's the way I have felt since I was quite young.
I went to a private lutheran school and I had questions that they couldn't answer. When I asked about fossils that were millions of years old my teacher told me that the devil put them there to confuse us.
Even in sixth grade, I could not accept that at all.
My best friend was excommunicated from the lutheran church for asking about UFOs. What kind of loving christian church is that?
I told my parents to put me in the public school or I would run away. I must have been convincing, I went to 7th grade at the public school.

Nice topic, gets me thinking.....

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I believed in God, but just not as he was presented. How could he kill and yet killing was a sin. this is just ONE of many contradictions that I just couldn't accept as a child of 10. Anyway, on to my adulthood.

I was told that the literal translation is "thal shall not murder" not "thal shall not kill." There's a difference there. Sometimes taking one's life is justified, depending on the situation. I'm sure we could think of a million examples of such. Murder, however, is almost never justified. Of course there are stories in the Bible where God commanded men to kill, but those were all for good reason. So I personally don't believe that it's a contradiction when God orders the killing of a person or people for a righteous cause.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Again I don't see the point of it. It is all the same. Ok Jesus was a non green alien hybrid or son of man w/ god like ability. Whats the difference? I guess if it makes you feel more comfortable but what if you found out aliens were bad what would that do to your belief structure you have built over years?

I am not very familar with King James but does it state Satan will do his biggest trick etc etc etc hence an alien when ppl see them they don't think of anything but an alien. Now what happens if you fear it and it has ESP and than is in control of you? Does this sound familar at all? Sounds like a demon and a demon is manifest from fear and belief of its evil and if you have no faith in a Diety than it can overcome you.

However I could show twenty people proof and it still wouldn't change until everyone must see hence judgement day.

Originally posted by sexymon
OK, here goes. I am going to try to make sense of all of this. It is all IMO, but nonetheless, something I think about on a daily basis. I also get lots of criticism from self-proclaimed Christians with whom I talk about this.

Ever since I was young and forced to go to church, I had a hard time accepting what was said and pure truth. Icould not believe that "the word" taught at my church was the whole truth. I believed in God, but just not as he was presented. How could he kill and yet killing was a sin. this is just ONE of many contradictions that I just couldn't accept as a child of 10. Anyway, on to my adulthood.

mod edit: shorten quote

[edit on 26-11-2005 by sanctum]

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by prsbuff

Thats pretty interesting view. How does this belief in Aliens affect your over all believe in Christianity and your opinions of Jesus Christ as a man/god/person?

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
The bible doesn't really explain what God is, hence, my choice to believe in God as "the alens that made us" (greys). It doesn't affect my belief in Jesus or what he is. I think he is the son of God, but it's my view on God that's different....does that answer you?

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sexymon
It lead the wise men to see the son of God, who was described many times in the bible as an "unearthly being."

Could you give the references because I would like to look them up. Thanks

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
...being the son of God, who is unearthly, means he would be by default. I am still working on the references...

posted on Dec, 1 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I too have a hard time with the Bible as "The Word"
It seems to have been distorted according to the political and thought control aims of the subsequent translators.

Still a bit of a stretch for me think of the Bible as a cover up of alien influence though.

posted on Dec, 2 2005 @ 12:14 PM
link   
For fictions sake.
Aliens are not creations of God or a god, but beings created by Fallen Angels meant to prey on humans that are weak of faith and succeptable to ever accepting in the ideals of the Fallen Angels as their true Gods. These aliens methods are to skulk in the shadows and never make themsleves readily appearent. Disclosing only enough to a select few to draw the masses into a false hope. Thus begins the persecution of the alien believers and their new faith. But their time will come. When those very people will find reason to ultimately turn against established religious practice and unwittingly grow into rampant religious persecution. When the time is right the Fallen Angels will pursue their new religious order. Ok Fiction off...

[edit on 2-12-2005 by nullster]

new topics

top topics

join