It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV news station probing UFO footage ( Long Beach )

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
This is kind of neat.

LONG BEACH — Look, up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane!

What the heck is it?

That's the question ABC-7 News has posed to Long Beach police and local military experts after getting a copy of a tape that shows an unidentified object flitting through our skies last year.

The tape was made Dec. 25 by Long Beach Police Department helicopter pilots who caught sight of the glowing blob while on patrol around 11:30 p.m., said Sgt. David Cannan.

Because the officers could not identify the object, they took video that was forwarded to a local military base for closer scrutiny.

"We just asked them to take a look at it, in case it was a possible security issue," Cannan said.

It was not, however, classified as an invasion by little green men, silver ones or any other kind of imaginable space beast, the sergeant assured.

Julia Pfeiffer, a producer at Channel 7, said their news piece will take a look at the possible explanations for the item and the story will air either today or Friday.

"We are approaching it fairly seriously," she said, "but we're not doing this to scare people."

www.presstelegram.com...

Did anyone see this air?

I think this is the station:

abclocal.go.com...

[edit on 19-11-2005 by Dulcimer]

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Sounds interesting. Maybe they will put a video of it on their site.

BTW, if I were you I would add "Long Beach" to your title. It might catch the attention of members that live there. Good luck.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Good point, edited.

I cannot seem to find any more information on this though.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 01:02 AM
link   
There was simular footage taken in the UK a couple of years back, turns out it was just as this article suspected, a UFO balloon. 'Sulfur' like light (orange, weak glow), blob/box shaped, no more than ~2 foot in diameter. Really, really common occurance in Sweden as they're sold in every gizmo shop in town, it's become a tradition to release several with ~5 minutes delay between each, making them appear to line up, during new years eve. I'm always the one explaining to the drunks that it's just a stupid prank.

new topics

top topics

join