It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urgent for gun owners... Patriot Act expansion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 04:49 PM
link   
www.gunowners.org...

URGENT!!! URGENT!!!
-- House to Vote Soon On Granting FBI Unlimited Access To Gun Sales Records
Gun Owners of America
8001 Forbes Place, Suite 102
Springfield, VA 22151
(703)321-8585
Thursday, November 17, 2005

Registration leads to confiscation. We all know that, and that is why GOA has vehemently opposed all attempts by government forces to compile or retain information pertaining to lawful firearms purchases.

But in the name of fighting terrorism, the United States Congress is getting ready to trample on the rights of law-abiding Americans, no matter what the Constitution (and current law) happens to say.

The House will be voting as early as this Friday (tomorrow) on the PATRIOT Act reauthorization bill (H.R. 3199). Congressmen have been ironing out differences in the House and Senate versions of the bill for quite some time, as GOA -- along with other interested organizations -- has watched carefully to see what the House-Senate conferees would produce.

Well, the product stinks.

GOA alerted you in June to the potential dangers in this legislation. Unfortunately, the problems have remained in the bill, and it poses a very dangerous threat to gun owners.

Goto link for the rest of the article. Seems like every other day they add more unamerican legislation to the already unamerican Patriot Act. Matter of time before they go house to house.

[edit on 17-11-2005 by UFObeliever]

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I have nothing to hide. The day they start going door to door to get my guns is when I will be worried. Otherwise, why would I care if "W" knows that I have guns.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The day they start going door to door, it will be too late to do anything about it.

And it will be YOUR fault. YOU and all like you who, now, say "Who cares? I don't have anything to hide," will be PERSONALLY responsible when it moves beyond what you refuse to care about-- when the assaults on our liberties are too direct for even one such as you to ignore, and it proves to be far, far too late to stop them.

YOU are an even greater threat to our liberties than the worst tyrant. No tyrant can ever come to power without the support of people like you.

Stalin, Hitler, Mao-- all of them came to power while people who might have stood against them watched the things they did and said, "Who cares? I don't have anything to hide." They sacrificed the liberty, and often the lives, of their children and grandchildren because they couldn't be bothered to concern themselves with tomorrow-- because they decided to wait and maybe worry later.

They betrayed their countries, their people and their families through their lack of concern and their inaction, just as you're betraying yours.

By the time you do care, it will be too late, and it's your children and your grandchildren who will suffer.

posted on Jan, 1 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I was going to reply to this, but Bob LaoTse said it all. Well said, Bob LaoTse.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
The federal government has no power to make this law. It has nothing to do with "intersate commerce". They only have the power to make laws concerning foreign persons aka 'international law'.

There are clearly statutes in this Patriot Act that affect US persons. That power is not granted to them by the Constitution.

If Congress votes on this they will be overstepping their constitutionally limited power.

new topics

top topics

join