It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

C++ Compile Issues Up The Wazoo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I'm trying to compile a program using Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0, and am running into several problems. I typically work with VB, so this whole C thing is mystifying to begin with, but I really want to tweek an open source game that's a blast to play. It looks like the problem is including SDL. This has the source code and the files that need to be included to make the dern thing work, under the heading Source Code.

So I've downloaded everything, included the files that cannot be found when compiling into the program vai the projects -> Add -> File menu, yet still the errors are coming up. I have corrected two of the 29 errors so far, but the two I corrected were simple "#include SDL.h" statements. The ones that are giving me trouble are the "#include SDL_INCLUDE(SDL.h)" lines. It won't let me look up definitions, even when I tell it to change the settings and rebuild it so I can look up definitions, so I have no idea what that SDL_INCLUDE is doing.

Anyone have any ideas?

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'm not really familiar with Microsoft C++, but that SDL_INCLUDE thingy looks like it must be a macro. Have you just tried to delete it or change it to a simple "#include SDL.h"?

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Hehe thanks, DJ, that seems to be working a bit...Of course, now there's no way anyone could call this code optimized...I think the SDL_INCLUDE was a function that returned the directory path, so now I have to copy it to every directory that references it. However, there are still some straight includes that are not finding the file. I'm down to 10 errors at this point, and hopefully my tweeks haven't completely ruined the functionality of the actual executable, if I can ever get it compiled...

join