It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling All Members, what would you like to see? - Council Directory

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2005 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
-I think it would be nice to change the description of the Comics board.
Right now it's "Can the Green Lantern take Batman? What about Superman versus The Hulk. Find out here." I feel this does not represent the board very well.
Perhaps something like "From Marvel to DC, Dark Horse to Devil's Due.
Discuss your favorite comic books and graphic novels here."

Is this in the works or being discussed or anything?
A bunch of people who use the Comic board have stepped forward in support of this change.

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Right now it's "Can the Green Lantern take Batman? What about Superman versus The Hulk. Find out here." I feel this does not represent the board very well.

A bunch of people who use the Comic board have stepped forward in support of this change.

I just wanted to stop by and let you know that this is in the works.
What I need now is for about 3 or 4 members to post up a draft of what they would like for the comics portion of BTS to say.

[edit on 12/14/0505 by brodband]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Thanks for the response brodband

I've posted one suggestion already. Here it is to re-cap.

From Marvel to DC, Dark Horse to Devil's Due.
Discuss your favorite comic books and graphic novels here.

It has come to my attention that some people may think a graphic novel is something it is not so here are a couple more descriptions I’ve come up with.

Discussion about the world of Comic books. Comic news and events in the comic book industry

Comic fans come discuss and read about the latest buzz and info about your favorite Comic book and related media.

I still like my first suggestion the best, but here some more words to work with

[edit on 14/12/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

It has come to my attention that some people may think a graphic novel is something it is not

Does that mean...................oh nevermind!

Actually I like Umbrax's first description (sans the "graphic novel" part I guess). It's all-encompassing.

Peace

posted on Dec, 14 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'd like to see a technology forum on BTS.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by brodband

I just wanted to stop by and let you know that this is in the works.
What I need now is for about 3 or 4 members to post up a draft of what they would like for the comics portion of BTS to say.

[edit on 12/14/0505 by brodband]

I would love to personally to post a description on what the description of the comics board should be, But to be honest I'm not the guy to post it. Due to the fact that my writing is so bad that i have to re-read what i post 4 or 5 times before i post it, What i can tell you is to read my post on page 2 of this thread!

Not only is the current description inacurate,but it is also somewhat insulting to those of us who trully are enarmoured by that subject.

Even something as simple as "A place to read Reviews, Movies and Discussion on comics" would be a better description than what is available right now.

I hate to seem like i'm nitpicking but seriously the description is no better than as if the description for the politics forum was "Who would win an armwreslting Contest? Lincoln or Nixon? Who's the bigger ladies man CLinton or Kennedy!!!"

And while I feel we are lucky enough to have a comics forum on this board, I just feel the description should be more respective of the subject its describing.

Thank you all for listening to my gripe, and just remember that Superman would easily Tronce on the hulk by tossing him into the sun!

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
My suggestion for a new desciption for a comic forum is;

"Remove the mask, the cape, the cowl....reveal your insights and opinions on the world of Comic Books and it's creators"

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I would like to see a feature added to the "points" system. I've suggested in the past that an ATS/BTS "banking system" be established. At the time, this concept was censured and my thread was closed. But the issue still remains that the points are relatively worthless. But, it would be very nice if the technology was developed so that points were transferrable. That is, if I wanted a nice avatar, for example, I could trade points to a capable artist in exchange for an avatar.

It would be cool to simply transfer points to a fellow member as a "birthday gift" or as a token of appreciation for a good post or, perhaps, for some research that they might have done that proved personally useful.

Of course, this could become an ATS/BTS banking system with a number of unique concepts in itself.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a feature that I would like to see added is "member applause". As it stands now, a mod has to take notice of a good thread or post. If he likes it, then he may give you applause.

What about a peer review. That is, if a fellow member reads a post, he can offer applause to that post. A ratio could be established; i.e., five peer applauses = 10 pts. or something like that.

Or, if a member gives another member applause, one point could be transferred from the applauding members account and given to the recipient of one's applause.

posted on Dec, 15 2005 @ 11:28 AM
link   
benevolent tyrant, I like that idea of being able to transfer points to a member who does something for you. It would be a fantastic way to reward the artists of this site for the hard work they have place in.

The second idea i dislike, I spent a while thinking over this myself however the member applause is the "Way Above" award. The idea of the applause is for "Staff" [Mods, Admins, Council] to encourage posters that have done a consistantly good job.

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I think the Comics section definitely deserves an updated description also.

I really like both Umbrax and benevolent tyrant's suggestions

Also the awarding points to othe rmember's as a reward is a great idea!
I think something like that would be beneficial to member morale
A very nice 'thank U'

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by One Man Short of Manhood

I would like several things...here we go:

1. I would like to know who shot Kennedy
Which Kennedy? that families always geting shot, crashing in planes, drowning people in car wrecks and we won't talk about the Smith cousin. But They did it.
2. I would like to know who "THEY" are
They are the ones that shot JR and Kennedy. But I'd like to know why THEY is spelt THEY when it sounds like and should be spelt THAY.
3. I would like to know who decided wheat is better than white
Some damned skinny idiot who like seeds and had no tastebuds.
4. I would like to know how we know 4 out of 5 dentists agree
I would just like to know why dentists have such bad teeth and bad breath. But the answer to your question is the fifth dentist was one of THEM.
5. I would like to know how we really know the light goes out when we close the fridge / trunk of the car
We climb in and shut the lid/door silly.
6. I would like to know if Skeptic / Simon / Springer are one in the same
One in the same or one and the same... hmm..... ??
7. I would like to know what those triangles in the sky are
Thats the last time I am taking you kite flying without your spectacles. You really scared that little kid when you yelled UFO and pointed at his phantom kite.
8. I would like to know WHO SHOT JR
They did.
9. I would like to know where in the world is carmen sandiego
see next question
10. I would like to know where is waldo
*sigh you never listened in sex ed did you... birds bees carmen waldo?
11. I would like to know if I really know!
That makes two of us, I'd really like to know if you know too.
Can you help me out?

Come and lay back on my couch, relax and tell Mumma May all about it. *wicked Grin.......

[edit on 16-12-2005 by Mayet]

posted on Dec, 16 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
i agree, the heading just doesnt do the forum justice. There is far more to the world of comics than the stereotypical banner of superman and the hulk.

The dark horse brand have produced some awesome work over the past 20 years (if not longer?) generally with adult themes that far better represent the illustrated brand of writing than the likes of DC and marvel which only really apeal to the 'playground' audience.

Regards.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Just throwing in my support for the change to the comics thread discription again.

Please consider Umbraxes suggestion, makes a lot more sense.

Hopefully enough people have put their hands up and we'll see a change soon.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
can we have a "month" selectable scrolldown list
for the new post screen?

that way we can see a summary of threads
titles/subject by month

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
My suggestion for a new desciption for a comic forum is;

"Remove the mask, the cape, the cowl....reveal your insights and opinions on the world of Comic Books and it's creators"

I actually really do like this one. Its not too broad, and not too narrow. To me, it fits just right. I will bring this one up into the council though like I have the others too. One thing I do see that can be changed though, is the "books" part. I think if we take this out, you would be good to go. So ill edit.

Remove the mask, the cape, the cowl....reveal your insights and opinions on the world of comics and its creators.

Sound good?

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
How about moving Iraq into its own forum along with 9/11. So much of WOT is just Iraq it makes finding non Iraq stories sorta tough.

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by brodband
Sound good?

Yes!

This would be a great Christmas present to the comic fans on ATS

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
How about moving Iraq into its own forum along with 9/11. So much of WOT is just Iraq it makes finding non Iraq stories sorta tough.

Actually, there has been an ongoing about something similar to this, and we are working on some things about it, so stay tuned.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Today, while scrolling through the boards, I realized that quite a few threads begin, more or less, with the words "what if?"

You know what I mean; for example; "what if they a elected George Bush pope?", "what if Canada attacked Ireland?", "what if Al Queada members all converted to a new religion -- Jehovah's witness'?"

The "what if" threads are practically a mainstay on ATS, BTS and PTS. And while they might not exactly fit into these forums, they are interesting, fun to read and they often provoke some real thought. But do they really fit? After all, they aren't really reporting on a political scandal or a governmental conspiracy or an alien invasion.

In essence, the "what if" threads are speculative fiction. What if we had a specific forum for the "what if" threads? What if we had a forum for threads that could ask questions about alternative historical paths....the way things might have been or could be?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join