It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opening your 3rd eye.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Ok so my gf is really into this whole 3rd eye/chakra thing. She tells me how they are detramental to your physical health and how your 3rd eye can accomplish this and that. She has become convinced that I need to open my 3rd eye. We have tried several different methods from mediation to some sort of chanting coupled with some sort of ointment on my forehead. Too me this make no sense. I apparently suffer from lack of 3rd eye syndrome. I tried telling her "maybe I just dont have a 3rd eye." She doesnt by it. So someone with this knowledge how about do you get this 3rd eye open?? Mediation, concentration?? Whats the deal on this? I've read up on it but for the life of me nothing happens. I can't even meditate at all. I can't seem to turn my brain off. So any help would be great!

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Does she have her third eye open??? And why should she push you into doing something you don't really want to do?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Well, probably because having the 3rd eyes open(ed) may prove useful and interesting for everybody.

First of all, some theory... Our body has 7 energy points, the so called chakras: each one of them affects one or several aspects of our life; the 1st one is right between our legs, just under our sex and affects out connection with material things; the second one is between our sex and belly and affects our sexual sphere; the 3rd is placed more or less on our stomach and is about some aspects of our feelings; the 4th is right between our breast, where the heart is (where it really is, don't mind the tradition that places our heart on our left side), and affects our deeper feelings, such as love, hate, etc. Then, we have the 5th chakra, it can be found in our throat and it should affect capabilities such as using our voice to communicate/convince. The 6th one, or Third Eye, right on our forehead, affects our inuition, our 6th sense and our capability to meditate, understand. The 7th one is right in the middle of our head, pointing towards the sky we could say, and affects our connection with spirityality.

This is just a biref and partial walkthrough, but should give the essential basis.

Now, why whould you gf want you to open your 6th? I think mainly because having it open may improve our capabilities, helping us to understand what's really happening around us and, under certain aspects, understand what's about to happen. Then, it allows us also to have better meditation, and a better understanding of ourselves and of the people surrounding us. They say skills such as telepathy and (maybe) telekinesis may be affected by this chakra.
So, as you see, the potential advantages could me many, and in my opinion, it may be worth a try.

One last thing: if you accept to undergo the process and open your 6th, if you don't manage to obtain it yourself, you may also have someone else to open it. I've heard that some capable Reiki user may do this (the same is for the other chakras). I've never tried personally (got some connections, but i feel it isn't the moment yet), but people who have tried say it may be a slightly shocking process. Nothing to worry about, simply it unleashes a strong emotional wave: you could start laughing uncontrollably, or start crying as a desperate child. Don't worry, this is normal and it's not a warning, but just some more infos that you may find useful.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
first off...STOP your gf immeadiately. she seems to know how it works in theory, but lacks a lot of experience. especially the simple rule that states "everyone does it at their own pace and does when they are ready for it"

pushing it only has the opposite effect. especially since you're not 100% convinced about it which doesn't add to the succes of opening the third eye either.

don't rush it. take your time. relax, go into nature for walks. it's both nice, relaxing, romantic, but the nature energies also aid in cleansing your chakra's and thus making the 3rd eye slowly more active as well.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It nice that your girlfriend want to share with you her enthousiasm with new age stuff, but it wont work if you dont believe in it. Belief is important, else you will sabotage every attempt. And yea unless your GF is some kinda guru she is not in a position the play the role of the master.

Meditation and mantras and one of the best ways to open up your 3rd eye. It does take time though. It wont magically open because of some ointment. Its a question of conscience and perception.

so 1st of all, do you believe in all that stuff? because you need to. The ajna chackra is not going to open up to unbelievers.

here is some biological proof of the effect of meditation and mantras

The regular practice of meditation appears to produce structural changes in areas of the brain associated with attention and sensory processing. Meditation has been linked to increased grey matter in the brain which is important for sensory, cognitive and emotional processing.
www.livescience.com

Meditation alters brain patterns in ways that are likely permanent, scientists have known. But a new study shows key parts of the brain actually get thicker through the practice.

Brain imaging of regular working folks who meditate regularly revealed increased thickness in cortical regions related to sensory, auditory and visual perception, as well as internal perception -- the automatic monitoring of heart rate or breathing, for example.

The study also indicates that regular meditation may slow age-related thinning of the frontal cortex.

"What is most fascinating to me is the suggestion that meditation practice can change anyone's gray matter," said study team member Jeremy Gray, an assistant professor of psychology at Yale. "The study participants were people with jobs and families. They just meditated on average 40 minutes each day, you don't have to be a monk."

Keep Alzheimer's at bay by doing some meditation per day.
Great for blood pressure reduction without pills too.

Just say aummmmm......

[edit on 14-11-2005 by moonchild]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Youe could be playing with fire here,,all the lower chakras must have been opened, and without any doubt~~~
One starts for the bottom chakra and works up.Does she have all her chakras opened and has this been verified..?
The body is not a toy to be played with, especially if you are delving into these mysteries. Just be sure she is a qualified teacher, but to try to open something that CANNOT be opened as it has no reference points from the lower chakras to rely on..Hope I am being clear as mud?

CARE is the word here..

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
UH... how do I verify it?

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Hate when the edit button disappears... Anyhow I have no clue if she does or doesnt have her 3rd eye open. I am convinced I am 3rd eye retarded plain and simple. Its not that I don't believe in it. I know that your body is very magical I know this and I respect it. I just cant get it open. So I'm looking for advice in getting it open or doing what ever needs to be done.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whompa1

How long have you known her? Does she have a teacher?
Only she would know for sure, but if she is not there, then I would ask her or a close friend..Does he tell you it is open?
Can/does she see auras?
Mainly how long has she been into this..this is important..takes lots of time..

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
i dunno if this is going to help at all, but here is what i did and what i saw/see.

stare at a point on a wall, wait for everything to go white, you must focus with no other thought in your head. this will be hard to get to this point at first. once you arble to maintain your surroundings as white you will see an object of 2 colors. these colors i will not reveal so you can se for your self. however i will tell you they look like sun spots (after looking at the sun) and they will be rotating. one way is masculine and the other is feminine. later you can learn to control this.

I will be starting a new thread on thsi as not to hijack this one with my experience as i would like more insight.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   

I am convinced I am 3rd eye retarded plain and simple. Its not that I don't believe in it. I know that your body is very magical I know this and I respect it. I just cant get it open. So I'm looking for advice in getting it open or doing what ever needs to be done.

Opening Your Third Eye

Take a comfortable position (sitting, lying down etc....)

Relax your body (5-10 minutes)

Clear your mind, affirm to yourself that there is nothing you need to remember or think about during your practice. You are only doing this to relax, don't expect anything from it.

Start to chant the mantra EEE (as in tree) and imagine energy around your forehead area. Inhale and keep chanting the mantra. Do this for about 10-15 minutes, slowly increasing the time after a few practices.

Inverencial Peace,
Akashic

[edit on 16/11/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
here is a fantastic technique to open your subtle senses and be more aware of your subtle bodies. (an those of others)

Bhramari (Humming Bee Breath) - In this Pranayama one has to make sound like humming bee while exhalation and inhalation as well. This Pranayama increases psychic sensitivity and awareness of subtle sound vibrations, this proves to be useful for Nada Mediatation. This is useful in removing stress and mental problems like anxiety, depression, anger etc.

heres how i do it, with excellent results.

1 - clear your sinuses by sneezing the secretions out, if you have a hard time, take a warm shower for at least 5 minutes and then sneeze

2 - sit down or lay down, relax, take a dozen of deep breaths, clear your mind.

3 - with your thumb or finger, press on your nose to block a nostril and leave the other one fully opened

4 - inhale with your mouth for at least 15-30 seconds

5 - hold in the breath for another 5-10 seconds

6 - exhale through the unblocked nostril while making te humming bee sound in your throat

this combination of breathing + sound / vibration carries excellent results. It is very close to the AUM and OM mantras traditionnaly practiced.

here is more info on prayanama, or respiratory control. the theory behind it is than you can get an energy called prana through breathing. This is a kind of life energy and the more you can harness, the more powerful you become.

this article is from a hatha yoga web site.

www.yogapoint.com...

as always, use caution

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Falun Dafa is a practice that has brought better health and inner peace to millions around the world. We call it a cultivation practice: "cultivation" refers to the improvement of one's heart and mind through the careful study of universal principles based on truthfulness, benevolence, and forbearance; "practice" means doing exercises and meditation to energize the body.

Learning Falun Dafa is easy. The practice is simple, powerful, and absolutely free. The main principles of Falun Dafa are explained in their entirety in the book Zhuan Falun, and in the beginner's text, Falun Gong, both written by Falun Dafa's founder, Mr. Li Hongzhi. Also essential to the practice are the five gentle exercises, including a seated meditation, which you can learn quickly and easily at any of the thousands of practice locations around the world.

The full books are completely free online for download, video lectures and exercizes.

I highly recommend you read the books, they present alot of information about what you want to know. I found it very interesting.

Snippet from online book
Lecture Two

Issue of the Celestial Eye

Many qigong masters have mentioned something about the Celestial Eye. However, the Law differs in manifestations from dimension to dimension. A cultivator of a particular attainment level can only see the scenes on that level. He cannot see or believe the truth beyond that level. Therefore, he only believes what he has seen on his own level. When he has not gone up to such a high level of cultivation, he would think those things do not exist and are incredible. This is determined by his attainment level, and therefore his mentality will not be able to ascend. That is to say, about the issue of the Celestial Eye, some people talk this way, others that way. As a result, they have talked it into a mess, and nobody has given it a clear explanation. As a matter of fact, this Celestial Eye cannot be explained clearly on the low level. As a top secret in the past, the structure of the Celestial Eye has never been revealed to ordinary people, and nobody has ever mentioned it. Here, we are not going to dwell on that theory of the past but explain it with modern science in the most simple and plain
modern language, presenting its fundamental issues.

What we call the Celestial Eye actually lies in the area from a place a little above the point between the eyebrows to the pineal body, which is the main channel of the Celestial Eye. There are numerous eyes in the human body. The Tao School says that each qiao (aperture), which is called an acupoint in traditional Chinese medicine, is an eye. The Buddha School claims that every pore is an eye. Therefore, some can read with the ear. Others can see with the hand or the back of the head. Still others can see with the foot or the belly.

~

Zhuan Falun (Translated by China Practitioners, 1998) *.pdf

Zhuan Falun (Translated by China Practitioners, 1998) *.doc

Lectures

The lectures are....well......interesting to say the least. Especially Lecture 2, he specifically talks about the 3rd eye.

Hope this helps

~Peace
~

[edit on 16/11/05 by Hunting Veritas]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Why do you want to open your 3rd eye??
Have you you asked your self this ?
Be very careful, passion is one thing ( you, wishing to please your girlfriend) enlightment is a task. It all looks so easy but years of practice support the results.
Wren

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone

How long have you known her? Does she have a teacher?
Only she would know for sure, but if she is not there, then I would ask her or a close friend..Does he tell you it is open?
Can/does she see auras?
Mainly how long has she been into this..this is important..takes lots of time..

We've been together almost 4 years now. A teacher you mean as in a spirtual teacher? Not that I am aware of. Like I stated before I have no idea if its opened or closed. Auras? not that I am aware of. She is able to sense things before they happen and I can do some stupid little energy trick. She's been in to things like this since way before I knew her.

posted on Nov, 18 2005 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wren
Why do you want to open your 3rd eye??
Have you you asked your self this ?
Be very careful, passion is one thing ( you, wishing to please your girlfriend) enlightment is a task. It all looks so easy but years of practice support the results.
Wren

Why not? Seriously though I feel it would benefit myself as a person in several different areas. I am well aware of the difficulty in this as I have already spoken of.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   
when u really find the reason or answer for wanting to open ur third eye or why there is even the third eye , ur third eye will open then , i feel tat u dont have to do watever meditation or chanting ,also dont open ur third eye just because ur gf wanted u to do so, or cause its benefcial , how and why is it benefcial, have u asked urself ?

wat are u going to do after ur third eye is open ?

also u have to know tat when u 'see' more , things and life becomes even more complicated ,are u ready then ?

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by wein
when u really find the reason or answer for wanting to open ur third eye or why there is even the third eye , ur third eye will open then , i feel tat u dont have to do watever meditation or chanting ,also dont open ur third eye just because ur gf wanted u to do so, or cause its benefcial , how and why is it benefcial, have u asked urself ?

wat are u going to do after ur third eye is open ?

also u have to know tat when u 'see' more , things and life becomes even more complicated ,are u ready then ?

Well..hopefully get in touch with the inner me if that makes sense. Hopefully it will give my life more of a sense of balance instead of the conflict that is currently my life.

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:52 PM
link   
how or why do u think the third eye can help ?

posted on Nov, 19 2005 @ 11:54 PM
link   
I have read that once your 3rd eye is open its puts a better balance on one's self. Allowing them to gain a better sense of whom they are. That along with all the physic possibilites.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join