It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jordan ID's bombers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Jordan's government positively ID'd the wife of a suicide bomber who failed to blow herself up. Her husband saw her having trouble with the detonation so he pushed her out of the room then blew himself up. The group had left Iraq and came to Jordan about a week before the attack. It's still unsure where the police arrested her.

www.msnbc.msn.com
"The woman failed to blow herself up at the Radisson SAS hotel after apparently struggling with the cord on her explosives belt, Deputy Prime Minister Marwan Muasher said. Her husband saw her fumbling and “pushed her out of the ballroom,” he said. “Once she was out, he blew himself up.”

"It was unclear where police arrested the woman. Officials said she would confess on state-run TV later Sunday."

"The devastating strike signaled al-Zarqawi's group is able to launch terror attacks outside war-ravaged Iraq."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think it might be a good thing to have captured her. If they can get her to talk she may be able to give the names and locations of even just a couple of other members. That could possibly save hundreds of lives. However I doubt that will happen, and wouldn't be surprised if they do something that causes further unrest in the region. If they do, that will only enoucrage more people to join the Jihadist cause I believe.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
WAR: Three Hotels Bombed in Amman, Jordan

[edit on 15-11-2005 by asala]

join