It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theorist?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I would like to hear some views on what you feel it takes to call yourself a "Conspiracy Theorist".
Here is mine: Someone that has a studious mind and has crediable evidance that something smells of "Conspiracy". Someone that does not go overboard in thought but, does look for a conspiracy in every issue (now days anways) in everyday matters dealing with everything from disinformation to whatever. Without concluding any conclusions before the theorist interjects his or her point of view. In other words, know what your are talking about and be ready for debate and stand up for what you have learned.

PS: Also, someone who is still open minded enough to see the objectives or opinions of others and is willing to wiegh the factors of all it's content.

Thoughts?

[edit on 13-11-2005 by SkyChild_5]

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Well, I suppose technically if you have an idea about a conspiracy, you're a conspiracy theorist.

In truth, though, I'd say it's not very different from a scientist. Someone who is educated, and has spent a lot of time thinking about this. They've thought about every angle of the problem, and have gone through many drafts and explanations, to finally come up with their final theory. They're open to criticism, and are willing to change their theory depending on evidence presented.

Basically, exactly like what a scientist does, except instead of scientific theories, it's theories about a conspiracy.

new topics

join