It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

High School student becomes MAYOR!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yes, you read that correctly, a high school student has just become the mayor of a city-Hillsdale, Michigan,

The boy is 18 years old and still in high school.

"I'll be a student from 7:50 to 2:30, and then I'll work on mayor stuff from 3:00 to 6:00,"

What do fellow students think of this?

Linky:news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 11/11/2005 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
And a prison inmate was elected to the school board in California:

He wasn't able to get out to vote for himself, but lots of others did. And a prison inmate was elected to a school board Tuesday in southern California.

Randy Hale received 831 votes, earning one of three open seats on the Romoland School Board, even though he's behind bars. Hale violated his parole after being convicted of spousal abuse and drug possession.

He was returned to prison in September, and isn't due to be released until mid-February. His wife Penny says "this is wild." The district's superintendent says he's consulting lawyers to figure out how to handle the situation.

A political scientist at the University of California-Riverside says the fact that Hale's name was at the top of the ballot may have helped him get votes.

WTKR

Really gives you a lot of faith in democracy, huh?

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
And a prison inmate was elected to the school board in California:

Really gives you a lot of faith in democracy, huh?

Because he is in prison? That's crap just because a person is in prison, it doesn't make them stupid or lack the qualities it takes to run any kind of office.

[edit on 11-11-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
We all know 18 year olds are the smartest you'll ever be. After that, you've got allegiances to things, like family, and career, and stuff. Plus, you forget things. Why not?

That being said, he may get a nice house, but I bet it puts a serious damper into his friday night life. He's lying when he says he's not a big partier. He's 18. Believe me, I know.

new topics

top topics

join