It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson does it again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Pat Robertson appears to be on some kind of bizarre medication, as he just claimed that the town of Dover, Pa, which voted 8 creationists off its school board, shouldn't rely on help from God anytime soon. Does anybody else think that the chap needs to be told to sit down and shut up? This sounds like he just threw his rattle out of his pram. Poor mite.
Here's the link: news.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Its somewhat stunning, that he's suggesting that they not pray nor worship got at all. Rather anti christian.

Robertson is scum, a fraud and a hypocrit. He's got a bit audience, and if 'evolutionists' get concerned over the PR, all they'll need to do is raise some money and start making donations to him, and he'll quickly stfu.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I saw that news article and really just rolled my eyes. He sounds like the "God Mafia" -- you know: "Nice town ya got here. Be a shame if anything happened to it because you, like, didn't support the right people if you know what I mean...."

"News hounds" (we watch Fox so you don't have to) had some amusing comments as a followup to his last public embarrassment over Halloween:
www.newshounds.us...

As someone said, how many people turned into witches and warlocks as a result of dressing up in costumes and going around the neighborhood trick or treating for candy? I sure didn't!

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I had already started a thread on this buffoon and his latest rantings
politics.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Did you realize, that if you give money to the 700 club, even if you can't afford it, God will pay off all your credit card debt!! It is true, he says so every few months with half his show dedicated to showing you how.

You have to believe Pat Robertson you know. He is just so.... TV evangelist

[edit on 11/11/2005 by llpoolej]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Wasn't Robertson the guy who went on his show in the late '80's and claimed that God had called him home (to his cave presumably) but that large amounts of money would prevent this? That's the problem with being in the UK, we don't get these whackos on TV. We get bearded blokes in dresses instead, muttering in pulpits and suffering from angst.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Naw,
that was another great man.
Oral Roberts needless to say, he did not make the mark but for some strange reason..... he is still here on earth

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 07:16 AM
link   
yeah, these are the kind of people that bring shame to this religion. all they do this for is money, money , money

i know this is kinda against the morals of christianity, but:

_ ____
/ / / \
/ / | O O |
baseball bat / / ----------> | ___ |

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
As so excellently suggested by someone we know, perhaps someone should assassinate him.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raideur
As so excellently suggested by someone we know, perhaps someone should assassinate him.

I think it depends on where you shoot him. The chances are that if you shoot him in the head, he'll just stand there spouting off the same rubbish because his brain atrophied and died decades ago. Same deal if you shoot him in the heart. Okay, who's up for dismembering him?

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Isn't this the same thing that happened in the middle ages? Give enough money to the church and they'd guarantee you a spot in heaven. Sounds pretty similar to me. I guess history DOES repeat itself.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
Isn't this the same thing that happened in the middle ages? Give enough money to the church and they'd guarantee you a spot in heaven. Sounds pretty similar to me. I guess history DOES repeat itself.

You're referring to the sale of Indulgences, which took place in the German catholic church in the middle ages. Pretty sweet deal - you pay the priest, he forgives you, you go around being smug about not going to the fiery place where little red horned man poked you with BBQ implements.
Of course, if you were poor then you were screwed. This is one of the reasons why Martin Luther grew so disgusted with the corruption that existed in the church, leading to him nailing some objections to a church door and then leading to the formation of the Protestant Church (because he was PROTESTing, get it?) and the Reformation.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Pat Robertson apparently thinks God took the Dover election results as a personal insult.

By the way...doesn't the bible state that real christians should "forgive", as their god forgives them for Sins they commited ?

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR
By the way...doesn't the bible state that real christians should "forgive", as their god forgives them for Sins they commited ?

I don't think that Rat Robertson's mind works that way. And I think that he's been in a deep funk ever since he failed to win the Republican nomination for the Presidency in 1988. All those voters failing to see his merits! Tsk tsk. Although if he had won... (shudder)

top topics

join