It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious Plane Sounds.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Hey what the hell is this sound that I hear every so often. I'll just be relaxing watching tv or doing whatever, and I'll hear like an airplane come out of nowhere and it'll be pretty damn loud and it'll only last for about 3 seconds and it'll go back silent again like it wasn't even there at all. And when I hear the plane, it sounds like the engines are slowing down from a high ass speed. It's hard to explain and I hope you know what I'm talking about, because I hear it, and am always curious as to what the hell it is. It just sounds like a plane that came into the atmosphere at high speeds, then slows down really fast and then goes silent and I never hear from it again. Anyone know what the # I'm talking about?!

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Sorry mate, cant help you.

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
Sorry mate, cant help you.

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   
hmm are you sure its a plane?
Not just your neighbour with a belt sander

Isn't there a commercial airport nearby, it doesn't necessarily needs to be a military aircraft to make weird noises.
I live 20 km from Schiphol Amsterdam international airport, I hear 747's fly over at 1,800 feet every 5 minutes or so.
They often sound very weird, almost like they are 'shifting gears' (which is of course impossible...) and the sound fades away very quickly, even when they fly straight over my house...

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Same thing has happened to me many times.. once when I was outside and there were no clouds or anything.. I didnt see a plane, I only heard a noise circle around me and then it stopped just as suddenly as it started.

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
If you live near anywhere near an airport, it could be a plane reversing it's engines when it lands. If the conditions are right, the sound can travel for miles...

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Oh okay cool, well at least now I know what the hell that damn noise is, so I won't freak out anymore when I hear it come out of nowhere.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Run outside with your gun and shoot 30 rounds in the direction of the sound,It's fun.

new topics

top topics

join