It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: Man Kills Girlfriend After Finding Out She Is 11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
This is just one of many tragic headlines sweeping our nation these days. An 11 year old girl was found dead in her bedroom Tuesday, sexually assaulted and murdered by her 20 year old "boyfriend". Even though they had first met outside Truman Middle School this summer, he had no idea she was 11.

www.nbc10.com
ALBUQUERQUE -- Police in Albuquerque said a man arrested in connection with the murder of an 11-year-old girl has confessed.

Authorities said 20-year-old Robert Gonzales admitted to sexually assaulting Victoria Sandoval before choking her to death.

Investigators acting on a tip took Gonzales into custody Thursday. Police said Gonzales told them he considered her his girlfriend. They said he apparently got upset when he found out she was only 11. Police said the two apparently met last summer.
The girl had been living with her grandparents in New Mexico since the death of her mother four years ago. She was found dead in her bedroom Tuesday morning.

Her window was unlocked and the screen was removed, according to police.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I think this is just plain wrong, and someone like this needs serious sentencing, if not the death penalty. Not only did he break into the house, while her grandparents were asleep in the very next room. He sexually assaulted and murdered an 11 year old girl.
Related News Links:
www.krqe.com...

[edit on 11/5/2005 by denial28]

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I seriously question whether there was a relationship or not. Other than in his head possibly.

Also 11 is 11. There's no hiding or mistaking that.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Doesn't seem right for ATSNN to me.

This is a disgusting story nonetheless - I had heard about it earlier in the week and then read about this latest twist in the ABQ Journal this morning with my breakfast - barely keeping it down. The story in the next column discussed a somewhat similar story - a 20 year old guy in the custody of the New Mexico CYFD for a murder of a UNM student a few years back was taken out for a field trip this week... to the UNM campus in Albuquerque. He was considering going there when he is released in a year.

All of this makes me Very Very Thankful that I am moving out of NM at the end of the month.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The girl was smothered and was found in her own bed room. Her grandparents (legal guardians) didn't hear a thing.
You can watch a news clip here. www.krqe.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
It doesn't appear this was voted on properly, it looks like the author edited out the submission tag from the title.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I had the worst problem trying to submit this, first I got a vote saying NO that I hadn't written it right and I needed to check my grammar,(so I happily edited it and removed what looked like bad punctuation) then NO again- it wasn't terror related.(Somehow it wound up in terror analysis-obviously not terror.)

But when I saw this story, I had a hard time keeping calm. My daughter is almost 3, and if in 8 years I caught some guy making passes at her, I'd rip his privates off. You are right, you have to wonder exactly what she thought, although it isn't unheard of, an 11 year old losing their virginity or wanting to be mom either. I've known quite a few lttle girls who were friends of my baby sister, who had already had their first kid at 13.

I say he still should fry, he did sexually assault her and then strangle her to death, all while her grandparents were sleeping in the next room.

top topics

join