It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ask some details

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Who here has some pictrues and words about Franch submarine called Scorpio Class? I have never seen it before but India and Malaysia has ordered it.
I was not sure whether the submarine I mentioned also called Scorpio in Franch.
I need your help.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 06:03 AM
link   
SSK SCORPENE ATTACK SUBMARINE,

www.naval-technology.com...

The Scorpene submarine has been jointly developed by DCN of France and Navantia (formerly Bazan, then Izar) of Spain. Two Scorpene submarines have been ordered by Chile. The vessels will replace two Oberon Class submarines which were retired in 1998 and 2003. The first, O'Higgins, built at DCN shipyard in Cherbourg, was launched in November 2003 and is scheduled for delivery in 2005. During sea trials in November 2004, the O'Higgins successfully test fired both Black Shark and SUT torpedoes. The second, Carerra, was built at the Cartagena shipyard of Navantia in Spain, launched in November 2004 and will be delivered in 2006.

The Royal Malaysian Navy placed a contract for two Scorpene submarines in June 2002. The vessels are to enter service in 2009. As with the vessels for Chile, the first is being built in France by DCN, the second by Navantia in Spain.

France and India are to sign an agreement to build six Scorpene submarines in India, subject to final approval by the Indian CCS (Cabinet Committee on Security). The submarines will be built at the state-owned Mazagon dockyard in Bombay, with technical assistance and equipment from French companies DCN and Thales. The submarines are to be delivered between 2010 and 2015. As part of the deal, the submarines would be armed with EADS SM-39 Exocet anti-ship missiles.

join