It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Harbored Terrorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Sorry to start yet another 9/11 thread; I had wanted to post this in an existing thread "(How many of us are still alive today due to the utter and complete stupidity of terrorists?)" but it was closed due to bickering.

After the 9/11 attacks, President Bush stated: “We will not only deal with those who dare attack America, we will deal with those who harbor them and feed them and house them.” Source: Newsweek September 24, 2001

Well, as I recall, the 9/11 terrorists were housed here in the UNITED STATES for a long time before the attacks. They ate here too. And when Federal Law Enforcement officers tried to tell their superiors about them they were ignored. In some cases, even worse, they were threatened with diciplinary action. When will this be "dealt with?"

[edit on 2-11-2005 by craig732]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   
You seem to be ignoring the harboring part.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I don't think I forgot about the harboring:

Originally posted by craig732
And when Federal Law Enforcement officers tried to tell their superiors about them they were ignored. In some cases, even worse, they were threatened with diciplinary action. [edit on 2-11-2005 by craig732]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
How can someone be a terrorist untill thay have comitted an act of terror? The perpatrators of the 9-11 attack were not terrorists untill they carried out the attack. Yes they broke laws. Conspiracy, perjury, being in the country illegally are just a few. So how did the US harbor terrorists when these people weren't terrorists untill after the attack in which they were killed?

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
How can someone be a terrorist untill thay have comitted an act of terror? So how did the US harbor terrorists when these people weren't terrorists untill after the attack in which they were killed?

Hmmm, 2 very good points. I will have to check if Mr. Bush has said anything about those who conspire to commit terrorist acts.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by craig732
Hmmm, 2 very good points. I will have to check if Mr. Bush has said anything about those who conspire to commit terrorist acts.

President Bush doesn't have to say anything. There are already laws making it illegal to conspire to commit an illegal act. Conspiracy to commit murder, conspiracy to commit air piracy, conspiracy to circumvent airport security to name a few. Those laws were violated by the 9-11 hijackers. I don't believe in terrorism laws. I feel that terrorism laws give a form of legitimacy to terrorists that they shouldn't have. In a way this validates the acts that they commit. I think that they should be treated as the common criminals that they are.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Good point, JIMC.

The point I was trying to make was that before 9/11, there were FBI agents who were trying to expose these terrorists (or future terrorists) but they were blocked by their superiors and other government officials. Why haven't those people who blocked them been prosecuted?

top topics

join