It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU an excuse to bring back the Soviet Union?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Hey I was just thinking up an idea for a short story I'd like to right and suddenly it hit me. Could an all powerful European Union possibly intimidate Russia into reforming the Soviet Union? Look at what the Soviets did to Europe in the Cold War, we got NATO out of that.

So I was thinking, what if certain political powers in Russia such as Prime Minister Putin wanted to bring back the Soviet Union? Wouldn't it be a simple matter of terrifying the population into wanting "a more secure nation"? Hasn't something like that happened in the US since 9/11? After all the Patriot Act never would have gotten through if 9/11 hadn't happened.

Which gets me wondering, could the Chechnyans possibly be supported by FSB (current incarnation of KGB)? You know, terrify the population into wanting security. And then you simply hit them from another angle making it look as though the west is becoming a threat.

Look at how things went in the Cold War, the all mighty USSR terrified the US into creating a nuclear arsenal with enough firepower to annilate most life on earth, and vice-versa. So does anybody think that Russian intelligence agencies (some of the best in the world) could possibly be influencing European politics into making Europe a credible threat to Russia?

After all, doesn't it seem obvious that Russia was involved extensivly in the Ukraine elections? And although I don't think Ukraine is in the EU, it's pretty close. That and who's backing Iran? Russia.

So this may seem a bit outlandish but I think we're looking at a pretty large web concentrated on creating a shiny new Soviet Union. Why? Some people just flat out like communism. Some people would gain more power if they had communism. For all we know the Omega Agency thinks it would simplfy things, or help with a chainreaction to bring about a New World Order. All I know is that Putin hasn't been making the most innocent looking of all political moves, and the Chechnyan/European situation isn't getting any better for Russia.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Probably not. The only way to get the old Soviet Union back together is to go reconquer all those republics that broke away. There's a lot of bad blood between the nationalities as well. You'd risk genocide if you had one group helping conquer another of the republics.

You couldn't terrify them into it any more than you could terrify the Saudi Arabians into joining the United States.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I don't think so, I do -however- see what is forming.
It is almost exactly like you said dealing with Nato, only a eastern version.
I see this eastern Nato look-a-like as containing Russia, China, India maybe Pakistani-possibly-just possibly Iran.
The combined wealth, technology and military might are a powerful group of countries.
Also note, all are openly, or trying to have advanced nuclear weapons.
Think about-Iran's wealth, China's/India's manpower and Russia's technology.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I'd question as to why Putin would want, specifically, the soviet union, a one party state that is a collection of soviets (councils for the formerly seperate states) with the communist party, as the form of control. The soviet system already proven to be useless, tho they were good at controlling their public, thats about it.

Why not, rather, an ultranationalist russia, or a simple empire? Or a democracy dominated by the military that he has control over? And does he really want the other republics brought back into it, and the satellite republics too, or is Russia sufficient?

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
I see this eastern Nato look-a-like as containing Russia, China, India maybe Pakistani-possibly-just possibly Iran.

India and Pakistan on the same side
I would say that would be a BIG Maybe.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well written and very, very thought provoking. You make a good case for a "Shiny new Russia (Should've been U.S.S.R.)" but I have to agree with Indellkoffer on this one. I can't see how the Russians could effectively reconquer all of those republics and bring them under their control. So Nygdan, you make a good point as well, why bother with all of the former republics at all?

Just a thought here, and maybe a crazy one at that... It would seem to me that what we have here, from nation to nation, is the centralization of power back toward government. The 60's, 70's, moreso the 80's and specifically the 90's saw a decentralization of power back to indiginous peoples and their respective cultural territories, so to speak. A type of global rezoning. Rest assured this was not a good thing for the Order, but it may have been a means to an end. More on that in a moment. So, in order for the Order to be fully established, they need to convince people to reconsolidate power back toward a more centralized government better equipped to protect and serve the masses. This could be easily accomplished by black flag terror ops against your own citizens (Reichstag). Putin, seeing Bush's success with the tactic could be employing the same strategy with the Chechyans.

It could even be possible that the disolution of the Soviet Empire was architected by the Order with inside help from the KGB. Remember Putin worked for the KGB and later, after the collapse, became head of the FSB (The former KGB). Now he is certainly looking for a consolidation of his power. Once that is accomplished I could see the leaders of the industrialized world using fear as a tool to unite people. But that's just me thinking crazy again

But I digress, Putin is obviously attempting some kind of coup within the new gov't to consolidate his power and continue his rule. He has already begun to curb the free media and has planted his own propganda right into it. I think he only has his sights on his current borders, at least for now.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Russian President Won't Seek Third Term

You might want to go look at what Putin has said today, it has impact on this issue.

The European Union, will end in a "form" of Communism as will all Western Nation's, however it is a newer form of "Economic Coummunism" however, that is hard to explain right now without my books and it a post in its own rights. [Which I am working on.]

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Well, whenever Europe tried to unite, she burnt to the ground. Too much differences I guess. And this EU is on the same road I'm affraid. But the threat is viable. Russia doesn't like much OSCE sniffing around neighbouring countries trying to sell democracy. And IMO this rogue republics see Russia more of a trading partner than the West.

posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Putin the "reformer" admits he personally never left the Communist Party. A keen-eyed observer of the CNN TV report on the December, 1999 Russian parliamentary elections spotted Putin presenting his I.D. to the clerk so he could vote. The I.D. clearly showed the letters CCCP (USSR) on the inside of the booklet -- his official Soviet Union Communist Party ID. The authoritative British journal, "Soviet Analyst" commented that CNN ignored this "curiosity."

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:48 PM
link   
AS FOR THE "POLITICAL PARTIES" WHICH HAVE ARISEN IN RUSSIA SINCE THE "FALL OF COMMUNISM", THEY ARE ALL FRONT GROUPS SET UP AND CONTROLLED BY THE CPSU (COMMUNIST PARTY SOVIET UNION), AS CONFIRMED IN POLITICAL AFFAIRS, THE JOURNAL OF THE COMMUNIST PARTY OF THE UNITED STATES. (OCT-NOV '94 ISSUE).

top topics

join