It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart & Al Franken 2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I was thinking about getting more actively involved for the next U.S. presidential election.

What do you think about a grassroots campaign to push Jon Stewart as president and Al Franken as VP?

Could it happen? Or do you think the Republicans will pull another Howard Dean on it. Dean started via the internet to build up support and would have had a better shot if it wasn't for the media destroying him with that stupid sound byte of him saying "YEHHAHHWW!"

So what do you think?

I was thinking Jon Stewart as president and Al Franken or Bill Maher as VP. Or vice versa. I'd really like to see one of them on a ticket for 2008. I think we can do it! Who's with me!

You guys are always talking about all the political conspiracies, why not do something about it. You know Nader doesn't have a shot. It's got to be someone popular.

Do you think a grass roots movement could happen? Or do you think all elections are pretty much bought going forward and it's pointless of even trying.

There are already rumors of Al Franken running. Also Jon Stewart has mentioned that if comedians start getting into politics, they will destroy their competition because they have a natural appeal that would sway voters. A charisma or charm. They would likely win the popular vote.

[edit on 30-10-2005 by Lord Altmis]

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Don't you DARE try to get Al to run for prez in 2008!!! He's running for the Senate in Minnesota, and so he's MINE...and you all can't have him for a while yet!

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Think about...

"Howard Dean led the Democratic pack in the early stages of the 2004 campaign. Among the candidates, he ranked first in total raised ($25.4 million as of September 30, 2003) and first in cash-on-hand ($12.4 million). However, even this performance paled to next to that of George W. Bush, who by that date had raised $84.6 million for the Republican primary campaign, in which he had no real challenger."

en.wikipedia.org...

------------------------

Now why do you need so much money? To advertise. Well Jon Stewart has his own tv show and it's the most popular or most watched political/news show on tv!

Then you have Al Franken. He basically owns the major democratic news station (Air America) that broadcasts on XM & Sirius sattelite and has commercials on tv. Not to mention his books, media appearances.

They are both naturals. Unlike most politicians, they have no problem going on tv shows to talk politics openly. They are nearly all free advertising.

I think it could work. We just have to find a way to get...

Jon Stewart, Al Franken and Bill Maher into the 2008 debates!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Except Jon Stewart is a Jew, therefor the republicans would kill him.

Second, the republicans already bought the 2008 elections with declaring Bush dictator when the "terrorists" attack in 2007.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lord Altmis
What do you think about a grassroots campaign to push Jon Stewart as president and Al Franken as VP?

I think it'd be great. They'd totally split the vote and let my party, the Evilevil Party, win the election.

I was thinking Jon Stewart as president and Al Franken or Bill Maher as VP.

How about people that would actually do a good job rather than comedians and TV personalities??

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
As a joke, yeah, that would be pretty funny. He's a good guy. But seriously, there's no way he could handle it. Being the president isn't just having good views, you have to be extremely hard working. You can't just go in there, sit at a desk for eight hours, and go home. You're ALWAYS working, even when on vacation. I really don't think Jon Stewart would want to go through all of that. He's probably comfortable with his little show.

Except Jon Stewart is a Jew, therefor the republicans would kill him.

How intelligent.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman
I really don't think Jon Stewart would want to go through all of that. He's probably comfortable with his little show.

comfortable with his little show? The one good peice of television we have left will not be trashed with little comments like that. I would love to hear your thoughts of how anyone else is more qualified then Stewart. Every president their ever was had his first day on the job. So why is he less qualified?

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Herman Being the president isn't just having good views, you have to be extremely hard working. You can't just go in there, sit at a desk for eight hours, and go home. You're ALWAYS working, even when on vacation.

Doesn't work on vacation.
Two hour nap/exercise routine....every day. Without fail.
In bed before the good shows are even starting. Every day.
More vacation than ANYONE, even the dude in the wheelchair.
Syncophant!

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Now you know what would really make me lose interest in American politics?

A Stewart/Franken ticket for the Dems and a Limbaugh/Hannity ticket for the Reps. It would be about that time I would throw my hands in the air and move off to a desert island or something. Politics is becoming more and more about entertainment and less and less about doing what's best for a nation.

I did like Full Metal's comments, though. It's good to hear the Democrats have already given up on the presidential race in 2008 and are coming up with excuses already

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
People give Jon Stewart too much credit. "Only peice of good programing". Jesus Christ. He's a good guy and all, but his show is a comedy!!! He's able to skirt issues, if he wishes, by resorting to comedy, and that's what makes his show so funny. But people think "Wow, he really does know what he's talking about", and like to inflate it to "Holy crap he should be president!!!!" What qualifications does he have to be president? Do you know how many people would tear him down for his crewd jokes and roles in other comedies? Jon Stewart is not a politician. He's not even a Journalist!

Like junglejake touched on... Turn Hannity into a comedian, then have him run for president. How's that sound? Not so good? It's the same deal.

You know this, how? He does work on vacation. You think he ever gets a truly free moment without reporters, investigators, or some kind of agent wanting to talk business? I know that you like to get up on your high-horse, and probably would love to say that YOU'RE more hard-working than him, but it's just not true.

And then up before the good shows start. He likes to get his 9 hours. What's wrong with that?

By the way, what's a SyNcophant?

www.google.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   

People give Jon Stewart too much credit. "Only peice of good programing".

Yep and presidents don't write their own speeches. They go through several layers of editing. The sad part is even with it being perfect and kept simple to read our current president still can't even get it straight.

He's able to skirt issues, if he wishes, by resorting to comedy,

No different than our current president. At least stewart is good at it

But people think "Wow, he really does know what he's talking about", and like to inflate it to "Holy crap he should be president!!!!"

Hmmm where have I heard those before.

What qualifications does he have to be president?

Not a whole lot less than our current president. At least stewart is funny.

Do you know how many people would tear him down for his crewd jokes and roles in other comedies?

Yep uptight lobbist. You forget that "Half Baked" cult flick of a targeted voting group, maybe this will be motivation enough to get off our can and vote.

Jon Stewart is not a politician.

He's not, though most politicians are not in it for the people but the "benefits" of power. Why do you have to be a politician. Just look at Bush. By no means is he a politician, he's just surrounded by lifetime politicians that have been playing the political game for so long. They are the ones that pull the strings. Stewart would be able to do that at least.

Personally I'm sick of all this political bs and would like to see someone without a strong political affiliation run. I would rather see Stewart stay at the daily show. But I can think of a few older comedians which would fit the bill.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by Lord Altmis

I think it'd be great. They'd totally split the vote and let my party, the Evilevil Party, win the election.

I was thinking Jon Stewart as president and Al Franken or Bill Maher as VP.

How about people that would actually do a good job rather than comedians and TV personalities??

I am with you on this one, not to mention Al Franken is a douche. Put them two on the ballet and you will be handing us the election.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Remember when Jon Stewart used to be funny? Me neither.

Al Franken used to be funny, but that was in the 70's.

It doesn't matter who the Democrats sacrafice in 2008. Democrats can only bash Republican ideas and can't come up with their own. So they lose again, no matter who runs.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by bpletcj
and you will be handing us the election.

Ohhh, a fellow member of the Evilevil Party, how nice! *gives secret handsign and does secret dance*

Remember when Jon Stewart used to be funny? Me neither.

What! Are you nuts? The guy is freekin hilarious!

Al Franken used to be funny, but that was in the 70's.

Al Franken used to be funny?
I thought he was only funny when he was that 'i'm good enough, i'm smart enough' lo-self esteem character on SNL?

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 08:40 AM
link   

You know this, how? I read ATS and the news, don't you?

........ or some kind of agent wanting to talk business? No, if only that were the case, all those reports from AGENTS in the FIELD talking about FLIGHT STUDENTS of MIDDLE EASTERN background skipping the LANDING TRAINING might have gotten passed the one page cheat sheet that is all his comprehension can stay in tune for.
......I know that you like to get up on your high-horse, and probably would love to say that YOU'RE more hard-working than him, but it's just not true.
If you say so , Swammi!
Who's winning the fourth race at Aquaduct?
What can I say, I'm a Bronx boy to Ivy Leaguer Business owner slacker....maybe I should apply myself, no?

And then up before the good shows start. He likes to get his 9 hours. What's wrong with that?
Because with great power comes great responsibility....if NOLA is dying, you don't finish out your play time sleeping in your vacation bed and then go attend a fund raiser BEFORE you attend to making sure your team is on top of things. It's only American lives being lost.

By the way, what's a SyNcophant?

It's sycophant in a bastardized slang to mean "auto sycophancy" on all touchstone topics. For example, you being so far up Bush's bum makes your fawning in 'sync' with a pro-Bush position regardless of topic. I think either Corn or Wonkette penned it originally. It's cutesy prose that I thought would be in the "urban dictionary" by now.
It's nutz to think Poli-Social Satarists are capable of being leaders.....but the bar has been set so low with a drug addled-alcoholic-trust fund-slacker-appointee, it makes them appealing. But hey, Americans are emotional & overwhelmingly ignorant because of it.....so much so that boys think that coke head booze hounds are following in Jesus's foot steps and car salesmen think he's the best qualified since a woman beating mistress marrying actor last milked a script....between naps while America burned and his wife ran the show.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Al Franken used to be funny?
I thought he was only funny when he was that 'i'm good enough, i'm smart enough' lo-self esteem character on SNL?

That was a ]character?! Ohhh, here I've been feeling bad for Al and giving him the benefit of the doubt...Of course, he did do that very well...

Originally posted by CarSeller4
It doesn't matter who the Democrats sacrafice in 2008. Democrats can only bash Republican ideas and can't come up with their own. So they lose again, no matter who runs.

What's really ironic is the Democrats are already coming up with excuses for why they lost the 2008 election. Full Metal explained to us that they have already bought the election, and he's making a hopeful prediction so he could say, "I told you so": there will be a terrorist attack in 2007. Here's hopin', eh, Full Metal?

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Give me a break, Al Franken is about the stupidiest piece of (explicit) whoever took and (explicit) and called it a book. Unless you would want to intentionaly sabotage his chances by putting him out there I don't see why you'd want to do this.

[edit on 1-11-2005 by Frosty]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Never happen even in the world of make-believe -

1. Stewart is a Jew and oh just a wee bit bitter to boot.

2. Al Franken is Al Franken.

Now I've heard some talk about Hillary Clinton and Marilyn Manson and also of a Neil Diamond and James Brown ticket. These are much more interesting and plausible for obvious reasons.

[edit on 1-11-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Cut the crap or the thread gets closed.

top topics

join