It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Race and Sports

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Nice posts. I was entertained while reading this thread.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Are there isolated incidents where "whites" are better than "blacks" in basketball, certain positions in football but that's the norm.

There are currently no white corner backs in the NFL and only about a dozen white wide recievers and tailbacks. The most athletic NFL players are also black (Julius Peppers, Jevon Kearse, Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, Antonio Gates, Mike Vick). Look at the NBA, the most athletic players are black (Vince Carter, Tracy McGrady, Steve Francis, Lebron James, Dwayne Wade). Are there white players who happen to be very skilled and just as effective in both sports as whites? Sure, look at guys like Dirk and Peja in the NBA, Patrick Kerney in the NFL. However, nobody can honestly say that these fit in the mold of the elite pro athlete (Now, they may be elite players but not athletes).

I still don't know how people can deny this parity exists. Also for why blacks don't dominant a lot of winter sports - My guess is because many blacks do not grow up on the slopes or in the skate rink - instead they grow up with a basketball or a football. In the world, far less blacks live in regions which promote these sports.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by CogitoErgoSum1
I totally agree there’s more to it, but way of life over tens of thousands of years has to have an influence on the gene pool for a species or race.

There hasn't been enough isolation for that tho. Consider that, while some modern african groups lived in primitive conditions until very recently, so did a lot of other people, and they're not dominating american sports. And also consider that everyone lived in primitive tribal conditions until relatively recently (relative on the time scale of species and biological time that is)

Virtually all strongmen competitors are white

That's because most black people aren't silly enough to participate in a competition where you lob cement filled pianos up into a second story window (ok ok, i forget who's bit that is, but its funny!)

Also, blacks'll just never beat whites at one sport whites dominate, Hurling!

Don't know if its because of the skirts or the whiskey, or mibbie the combination of men-in-skirts-who've-had-to-much-whiskey!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join