It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Hey guys,

Just got back from Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination, an exhibit at the Museum of Science in Boston.

Well, being a Star Wars nut I had to go, even though I wasnt expecting what I actually got. I thought the whole premiss was to use Star Wars as a cheap way to lure people in and then show them some real science that relates to the movies. Dont get me wrong, I wanted to see that big time, and they did exactly that. But secretly in the back of my head I really wanted to just see the props and stuff and didnt think many would be there.

But guess what? IT WAS EXACTLY LIKE I DREAMED IT WOULD BE AND WANTED!!! It was 90% all original, screen used props and stuff from nearly all the movies! OMG I was in Star Wars nerd heaven.

They had Darh Vader from A New Hope, the real macoy. Heck, they had all the real things from nearly all the movies. Its almos like they just shipped a ton of stuff from the ILM archives and made a museum style exhibit out of it.

They had almost all the props from Revenge of the Sith, and many examples from the prior movies. One thing that they missed 100% that stood out to me was they had zero representation of either Fetts. Odd. But who cares! The rest was amazing.

I took about 75 high resolution pics I will be happy to share. But I have no time to get them hosted right now (if you want to help, send me a U2U). If you are a costume nut, let me know, I took some photo's of some stuff that show detail you have never seen before.

Everything was behind glass, but in most cases you could get as close to 1.5 feet from the prop, not bad at all!

And guess what? They had the original land speeder from a New Hope!!! You werent alowed too, but you could almost touch it you were so close. This was the only prop not behind glass.

Okies, my nerd moment it over. If you are a SW fan and live near Boston, you have until tomorrow to see what I did today!! Hurry!

Link to the Museum:
store.mos.org...

[edit on 29-10-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 10:05 PM
link   
if you have any pictures of the Millenium Cockpit mock-up it would be greatly appreciated. I have a freind that is trying to work on the Model for a flight sim game and the movies never did a good job of showing the cockpit in detail.

Heck, I bet some would be willing to pay you some money for good pics of the cockpit if that ment a second trip was needed

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
if you have any pictures of the Millenium Cockpit mock-up it would be greatly appreciated.

It was sold out

Never had a chance to get in. Ill have to try to get some tickets before it goes.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
He are a couple of pics (I have some amazing ones in great detal as well, up close!)

My son and the original R2D2:

X-Wing (you cant tell from the pic, but this model was about 8 feet long)

No explanation needed, thats the real thing guys:

Ditto:

To put things in perspective, the guy in this pic is 6'1" (the wookies are about 4" off the ground)

Ill try to get some others up if I get the energy and time

top topics

join