It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shocking True Story Of Child Abuse Cases Coming Out

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Years ago small children were told to lie and encouraged to make up stories to put nursery school owners in prison. Tales of ritual sex abuse, and more, were planted in children's minds and used to prosecute.

Janet Reno rose to prominence on cases like these in Florida.

But there's a problem. The kids are older now. And they are telling the truth.
www.latimes.com

mod edit to shorten link

[edit on 29-10-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
i am totally not surpised about all this, of course anyone that watches HBO should have seen their original movie on the McMartin school, which painted this same picture of corerced testamony.

and it almost always seems like there is always a female prosecuter or medical/mental doctor with an axe to grind, who just assumes that any man accused of sexual abuse of a child is guilty, i remember my own stepmother was convienced.. from the moment she heard the first news report on the McMartin school, that raymond buckey was guilty as sin. before there had been any real investigation, before they had even started a trial, she was convinced that he was guilty.

As to the corersion, this too i am not surpised about, when your sure a man is guilty, you will do anything to put him away, even if it means making a child lie about being abused. In the page you linked, the person making the appology said that one of the things the examiners said was "Oh we know he did things to you, why dont you just go ahead and tell us" well he was found innocent, so if he didnt do it, then how could they "know" that he did it. they were running a witch hunt and they almost got away with it.. and make no doubt that it will happen again. We live in a time when we cant go a week without hearing about a child assualted, from 8 to 18 girls.. AND boys are being molested or killed all over the country. Now most of those who are accused are surely guilty, but if those who prosecute and investigate these cases dont remember the McMartin trial, then we will see another one

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Oliver Stone made the biggest mistake of his career in producing "Indictment". He became part of the same machine that hounded him for making JFK.We have been conditioned to believe that a Salem-like situation swept the United States in the 80's. Innocent men and women accused of the most horrendous crimes. A lot of evidence exists to prove the guilt of those at McMartin. This whole situation has a stink that seems to emanate from the CIA.

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   
How about Kelly Michaels and Wee Care in New Jersey? Miss Michaels was released in 1994.

Here are some links:

Kelly Michaels case

The Suggestibility of Children

posted on Oct, 30 2005 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Interesting you should mention Kelly Michaels. I remember "60 Minutes" publicly exonerating her. Such a blushing innocent, but wait... Wasn't there a New York Times article in May 1991 on the abuse trial that contained the testimony of 4 Essex County corrections officers who witnessed Miss Michaels and her father kissing and "fondling" one another during jail visitations. Jerry Vitiello, a jailer, said that "he saw Ms. Michaels use his tongue when kissing his daughter, rub her buttocks and put his hand on her breasts." These incestuous liaisons were detailed in the courtroom by 3 women working in the jail.
Sounds wholesome.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Yeah, but do you know if these allegations are even true or not? Just because they said it doesn't necessarily mean it's true. That's why we have trials.

posted on Oct, 31 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I can find no indication that these four perjured themselves, the evidence tendered was deemed admissable, that is to say it's probative value outweighed any prejudicial issues. If you have information to the contrary I would be most interested.

I would suggest to all interested in this case to read "Nap Time" by Lisa Manshel (1990).

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 06:04 AM
link   
This is an excellent article on McMartin by a reseacher that knows his s**t. For those who haven't read Alex Constantine His illumination of the MK-ULTRA underground will shock you.
mcmartin preschool revisited

[edit on 4-11-2005 by Nemo me impune lacessit]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The full article:McMartin Revisited

new topics

top topics

join