It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran aids Syria's CW programme

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   

With the release of the UN International Independent Investigation Commission interim report on 20 October into the assassination of former Lebanese prime minister Rafik Hariri increasing international pressure on Syria, a diplomatic source has said that Damascus is nevertheless pursuing what they describe as "an innovative chemical warfare [CW] programme in co-operation with Iran".

The essence of this co-operation, the source told JDW, "is Tehran's contractual commitment, made to Syria a few months ago, to provide Iranian CW technical assistance to facilitate Syria's CW programme".

Utilising this assistance, they said, Syria hopes to reach an independent production capability of precursors for producing CW agents, which it has so far been unable to achieve.

According to the source, Iran will assist Syria in the planning, establishment and pilot operation of about four or five facilities throughout Syria for the production of precursors for VX and Sarin nerve agents and mustard blister agent.

"This project is unprecedented and millions of US dollars have been allocated to implement it," the source said.

"The project includes building major facilities, including advanced equipment to produce tens to hundreds of tonnes of CW precursors per year that are sufficient for CW industrial manufacturing pilot production."

www.janes.com...

UNfortuantely, this is only the beggining of the article, the rest is for Janes subscribers only. However Janes is a very reliable source.

Well it seems Syria wants to build a fairly massive CW capability, surely this reinforces Bush's postion that they are a part of " The Axis of Evil ".

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Personally, I don't agree that Iran and Syria(or that area of the Middle East) is stereotypically called "the Axis of Evil". I have never agree with such blatant name calling by the so called good guys. Yes, maybe they harbor terrorist and gives them a haven to hide and rearmed but other countries too have such illegal activities happening in it's soil. My point is, why single out two nations?

Other name calling incidents:
Poll : Over 40% Canadian Teens Thinks America Is Evil

Is Islam Evil?

Axis Of Evil : Turkey, Israel and U.S?

Should such notion be entertained? My answer is yes and no. Yes to the fact that we must do something to resolve the problem but no to the name callings. Everything is evil and good. Yin and Yang. It's how we preceive it that matters. If you're brought up with an unstable family, you're bound to be the bully or the one bullied at school.

Back to the topic, I definitely agree that anyone who wants to create any weapon of mass destruction now, in this modern era, should be stop at all costs except war.

[edit on 26/10/05 by Heartagram]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   
That stuff about Turkey is written by an Armenian and this shows the reason of his anti-Turkish bias.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by outlier
That stuff about Turkey is written by an Armenian and this shows the reason of his anti-Turkish bias.

That is my whole point outlier.

Do you have to believe in such blantant biasness on one country and listen to whatever it said eventhough it is proclaimed to be the "good" guys?

top topics

join