It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Wilma to hit NY/New England?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   
If I recall correctly, the last time a hurricane went near NY, it went a similar path to what Wilma is doing now. We know it's going to hit Florida. It will slow down after land fall. After land fall, it will be back on water. Water will make it stronger again.

Look out New England area, we may be next.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Lucky for you though, the water's much cooler, and keeps it from building up too much strength...

However, you guys have already had a lot of rain...so more isn't welcome I'd wager..

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'm ready, it wont be that bad when it gets up to me.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   
the last path I saw had it blowing past us and possibly hitting farther north, if at all. certainly not at hurricane strength.

the waters are still pretty warm offshore, at least guaging from the tuna fishing, the warmth is still there.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Right now they are saying it will be tropical storm strength when it gets up towards Long Island, NY-- with all the rain if we get more rain and wind we could still be in for some major damage. We have had lots of trees and tree limbs down from last weeks storm and the flooding is just beginning to go down.

A funny story from here (well funny to me but not to the person whose house it is) a house on a small bay that flooded (the town officials have opened the bay to the ocean to let out the water since) - called for a contractor to go check on the house and when they looked in the basement there were small bait fish swimming around in there.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Here is a water temp map that will show the current differences in temperature.

top topics

join