It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to keep an ATS thread healthy after birth.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Once upon a time, Dip Witless married ATS, in hopes of a large healthy family. Twas not long till Dip had his first baby thread.

Baby thread grew by a few replies in no time and was looking pretty smart and healthy for a while. Then there was a personal attack, but baby thread was able to recover with Dips help and she was again looking smart and healthy.

Then a troll came by when baby thread grew by several more replies and roughed baby thread up. This brought on more personal attacks. Dip could not get baby thread out of this - it was too late for baby thread to become a smart, healthy, big thread. The local mod squad came and locked baby thread up in quarantine - forever.

What a waste, poor baby thread is gone, thanks to the evil troll and personal attacks.

Dip and ATS were saddened by the loss of baby thread, but they wanted to have another. They knew there would be a risk of the local mod squad locking it up, though. They didn't want to see another suffer. Dip knew the only way to bring another thread into existence and expect it to have a chance, it to get rid of the trolls and the personal attacks.

Dip went to work studying how to rid the world of these two diseases. He discovered that these are usually brought on by ignorance and arrogance. To get the attackers to admit wrong or the trolls to deny ignorance or leave town - thats all he had to do.

-------------------------------------

Years went by and Dip got no where. He just could not find a way to rid the world of trolls and attacks. He was debating on wheather to divorce ATS, until one day, it hit him - "I might not be able to get rid of all the trolls or attackers, but I might be able to make less of them." He knew the only way was to get the word out, but how? "No one wants to hear that may have to admit wrong sometimes or swallow their pride and move on."

Dip figured the only way to reach others would be to write a stupid story, goofy even, to attract others to his remedy. So he did - he wrote an idiot story about someone marrying a website.

Many read. Dip was pleased to see that his plan worked. Many trolls left and the attacks became fewer.

Dip and ATS got closer once again and had many, many more little baby threads, most of which, grew up to be very smart, healthy, informative, strong threads which had much to offer society.

And they lived happily ever after.

The end.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I sincerely do hope Dip's plan works. I have seen far too many baby threads agonize and die.
Nice touch, by the way.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I can't believe this thread had a total of two posts!! This is great. Anybody have anything to add?

posted on Mar, 29 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I get it but yet I don't.

I don't see how this baby thread will help get rid of trolls and attacks in other baby threads.

Sure, no trolls will bother with this thread.

But how does that help the rest of the family?

I may just be tired. Please reiterate your plan of diminishing trolls and attacks.

I just didn't see it.

top topics

join