It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone ever really had an out of body experience?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
There is plenty of evidence supporting people that say they have had out of body experiences, and im definitely not a guy that is completely skeptical about things that do not make sense, but come on, someone being dead for a couple of hours/days, then supposedly just gets up out of his body, sees himself/herself lying there, and gets up off the table that they're using as a shock platform and walks off. Is there anyone hear who knows anything about this?

[Edited on 14-9-2003 by FaithDefender]

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
My mother told me she had one undergoing surgery for broken appendix when she was young. She did go tunneling but she could later tell the doctors what they had been doing with her and what they were saying.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Magnus
My mother told me she had one undergoing surgery for broken appendix when she was young. She did go tunneling but she could later tell the doctors what they had been doing with her and what they were saying. [/q

I completely believe you and can actually tell you thst that makes perfect sense. I had a relative that was in acoma for about two weeks and the doctor saod if we talked to her alot she would actually hear us and process it/ remember it, she just couldn't respond.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Are you talking about near death experiences?

To have an OBE=out of body experience, you dont have to be dead or in coma.

I had OBEs my whole life, ever since I was a kid. I just leave my body, just like that, it happens spontaneously. I had a few controled OBEs too, one involving a vision and a message, was very interesting.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Well, my mom was OBE. Medicly she was dead for a few minutes but was hard worked on by the doctors and brought back to life. What she could tell them happend was during the time she was away.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
You can find threads about OBE's and astral projection in the Paranormal Abilities section of ATS as well.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I personally have had some falling experiences and really wierd dreams but I don't know if I have officially had an OBE, atleast I have never turned around and looked at myself in a dream. However, I am working on it just as fast as I can go. Good luck.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I have had a few astral projections, I used to practice yet i couldnt project when i wanted. The side effect of practicing is that I wake up with the vibrations and if I go with the flow i usually get a vivid projection. I got out once and my ceiling was pulsing different colours and it had somekind of aztec geometric shapes. Anyone knows what this mean?

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
Are you talking about near death experiences?

To have an OBE=out of body experience, you dont have to be dead or in coma.

Agreed, I too think you are confusing OBEs with NDEs. Everyone (that means 100% of all humans) has OBEs weather they realize it or not. Usually, it is confused with a dream and nothing is ever taken from the lesson if there was a lesson to be learned.

I too practice controlled OBEs from time to time. I have learned much from them and have even seen things from future event in my life.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImAlreadyPsycho
I too practice controlled OBEs from time to time. I have learned much from them and have even seen things from future event in my life.

Congratulations, ImAlreadyPsycho!

I've been trying to achieve an OBE for a few months now. I haven't been practicing much recently. My biggest obstacle is relaxation. Hell, I'm subject to a heart attack in my twenties since I'm so far from being relaxed! Pity me.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I've had some, I've posted about them earlier...

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I hear you bangin. I can relax easily, I just have troubles clearing my mind of thoughts. I meditate and try OBEs but often I am unsuccessful because of this. I hear after your twenties it only gets worse too. I guess I will be doomed in just over 4 years.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
ImAlreadyPsycho, have you tried to clear your mind with colours? I have been successful with that tactics.
Picture in your mind objects which you asociate with folowing colours AND in folowing order: yellow, red, green, blue, black... yellow, red, green, blue, black... and so on. Try that, it worked for me.

Age doesnt play any role in OBE, btw.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
No I have not tried that. I betcha I will tonight though.

And I know age has no effect on OBEs, but it does on heart attacks from lack of relaxation.

Thanks for the tactic though. I will definitely give a try soon.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
some previous threads on this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I`m sure there are more but these came up under the quick search I did.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I've never had an OBE myself, but during my much younger years my father used to meditate and was capable of self-hypnosis. He told me he's had what he calls out of body experiences a few times, although it wasn't a state he was trying to reach intentionally.

Whilst I obviously have no evidence to back him up, I believe him. Without meaning to state the obvious, the mind's a pretty complicated place, I quite believe that levels of consciousness we wouldn't normally experience are quite possible under the right circumstances.

I've often wondered though, who's to say it isn't just a dream?

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   
In 1982 at the age of 17 I had an out of body experience which has changed my life.
My freinds had scored a genuine Thai Buddah stick of Opium and Hashish laced marajuana which we smoked at a freinds 18th birthday party. The immediate effect for me was of headspins followed be visual distortions and nausea, I retired to a deck chair out in the back yard for some air. I sat for and inderterminate amount of time watching swirling colors with my eyes shut unable to move.
It was at this time that I saw I was rising up above my body, I saw myself sitting passed out and as I rose up I saw the others in the yard at the party talking in groups, as I drifted higher I saw the roof of the house then out into the front yard, an area completely obscured from my seated position in the back yard. In the front yard was Justin the host of the party seeing off Peter and his girlfeind Jane in a Taxi, then I saw my car, I thought to myself I can crash out there.
The next moment I opened my eyes and groggily got to my feet, I lurched through the party unsteadily and made my way through to the front yard to crash in my car.
As I made my way through the carport area I noted everyone was exactly where I had seen them, Justin was returning to the backyard, I asked him where Peter and Jane were, he replied they had just caught a cab home.
I crashed out in my car a few moments later....

I have done a lot of research on astral projection in the years following my personal paranormal revelation. The best clue I have seen for the experience I had was in a book of high magic of the golden dawn. Crowleys personal potion for astral projection contains opium, hashish, marajuana buds and flowers with a generous amount of Laudinum.

I no longer take drugs myself and have never tried the formula I found for astral projection, but I do believe the drugs I took on that evening did produce the astral projection I experienced.

On a personal note, I do not know whether or not I had stopped breathing during this experience, and would strongly discourage anyone from trying to repeat this phenomena.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Do not try to OBE while on drugs. For one thing, drugs ARE dangerous, and two: it's not an OBE you're having while stoned, it's hallucination. There have been numerous scientific experiments regarding this, and it is a fact, drugs cause halucinations, very vivid ones, but still only a halucination.
Experiments done with people who meditate to achieve OBE have shown that meditation and brain focusing actually "slows" the brain, much less activity then usual and in some cases brain waves are totaly in-sync.
On the other hand, while on drugs brain is a complete mess, increase in visual and auditory center, random impulses flashing through your head, increase in neurotransmitters, dream-like states, a complete mess, hardly the right circumstances for conciusness to leave the brain.
All OBE techniques result in "calm" brain, slow breathing, you try to get rid of all unnecessary thoughts.

Drugs induce exactly the oposite of what you're trying to do.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
There was once a great program on Channel 4 here in England all about OBE's. I'm not sure what it was called but it was about a scientific study into Life after Dead and OBEs.

One women on this program had been blind since birth and oneday she was involved in a road accident that put her into a coma. During that time she said that she was taken into a large bright area where she saw birds and trees for the first time, and when she asked a figure where she was the figure responded telling her she was in a placce where all knowledge was, or something to that effect.

Eventually she had to leave this place where she saw colours or the first time back to her own body.

She is still blind today but the images of what she experienced still linger with her.

Wierd, eh? But personally I have yet to see it be proven as fact.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I write to continue discourse on my previous post which was somewhat curiously denied by an other correspondent.

For starters the whole concept of what constitutes a drug is entirely philisophical and subjective, all foods/drinks are comprised of chemicals as is the air that we breathe. what constitutes a "drug" therefore is an arbitary deliniation, usually made by governments or pharmaceutical manufacturers, ie Refined white sugar is well known for its effects on blood serum levels in the brain and is responsible for behavioral problems in many children, for that matter almonds are full of arsenic.

The point being that no one who eats/drinks and breathes is ever free of mood altering chemical agents, or "drugs" if you buy the goverment/coporate hyperbole. So using the rationale that drug induced experiences are not "real OBE's", particularly when they verify information that could not be otherwise known by the correspondent, is to say that no OBE's exist for anyone.

Don't be conned, OBE's are real and occur to many normal people and not solely the province and property of new age meditators.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join