It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans think Bush aggravates terrorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Well really what did you expect? They would just roll over saying "please don't hurt us anymore, well leave you alone"?
It would help Bush's cause if you had any "evidence" of wrong doing, but there is still none. This will most likely cause more Iraqis to join extremist groups as feel that they are being #ed over.

news.ft.com.../StoryFT/FullStory&c=StoryFT&cid=1059479717975&p=1059479712075

Most Americans think the US administration's aggressive military pursuit of the war on terrorism has made further terrorist attacks more rather than less likely, according to polls released this week before Thursday's second anniversary of the September 11 2001 attacks.

Sixty-four per cent of respondents said that the US military presence in the Middle East increased the likelihood of terrorism, 77 per cent thought there were widespread negative feelings towards the US in the Islamic world that enhanced terrorist recruiting, and 54 per cent thought the US had been too assertive in its foreign policies.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The war against terror has a double edge.

1-troops go far from home and get offed.
2-troops are far away,so they cant be used to defend americas shores.

People stop enlisting in the armed forces for fear of dying overseas.

And a lot of people are turning into america haters to top it all off,because of the war against terror.
the war cost bucks so it further weakens the economy
the money and troops are wasted on something besides protecting america,when they should have just went separatist or isolationist again and pulled everything in close to protect the US.The US is pretty remote to most all the rest of the world anyway.

I think the UN is just waiting to roll in here to fix all of america's problems by destroying what america was completely,but it won't be that easy if I have anything to say about it.

It's a plan man.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Those are all true..... However I dont think we should just roll over and give the terrorists what they want. I'de much rathers kill all the cowardly #ers. An isolationist policy does sound nice though.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Isoloation is a dream, but a worthy one. And one that might save us if we embrace it again.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   
But it would generate almost as much jealousy as the first time around,and that jealousy is what got us tricked out of an isolationist policy way back when.
Would be nice if someone in charge would go there again,and send all the new world orderites packing.
I believe that , that happening again may just be possible,but it is up to the little guys,you and me,to ever have it back.
I'm ready to give it a go,are you?.
(thinly veiled revolutionary talk,ooh risky)

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
The war against terror has a double edge.

I think the UN is just waiting to roll in here to fix all of america's problems by destroying what america was completely,but it won't be that easy if I have anything to say about it.

It's a plan man.

Unfortunately I think we also need to keep an eye on California. Gray Davis has not only almost wiped the cali coffers clean, but he is also now pulling something that should have every red blooded american steaming and frothing at the mouth. Follow the link for more details.

www.cnsnews.com...\Culture\archive\200309\CUL20030912a.html

join