It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hidden meaning?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Do you ever get a dream that you know has a meaning?
But for the life of you just can’t work out what!

I had this,

I was in the middle of a nightmare; (I suffer these a lot)
When suddenly there was a bright light and I was back in my own house,
In the dream I walked in to my living room and was drawn to the window,
I opened the window to see a wolf in my garden as it came near I could see that it was hurt
As it was limping,

I climbed out my window and went over to the wolf; it had deep scars on its face.
I bent down to fix up the wolfs paw that I could see was hurt and the wolf seemed very happy,
I sat with it stroking it and I felt very happy,

I fed the wolf and sat out in the dark with my arm around it,

I felt at ease and really connected,

Now this was over 2 weeks ago but for some reason I just cant forget this dream,
I feel something that I have not really felt before, I feel in some way this was a message
But I can’t seem to work it out,

Sounds real odd I know and I cant put my finger on it as to why this dream seems to have
Some deeper meaning for me, but in some strange way I feel it does,

[edit on 12-10-2005 by asala]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I am the same way with dreams like that... But I can't seem to find anyone who knows what they mean. I'm really bad about doing not doing it, but I try to write them all down when I wake up so I'll have them for that rare occasion when someone may know what's going on.

A lot of them feel like it has a meaning to me, but then when I tell other people the story they're like, "That has no meaning, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard."... But I'm like you, I just know.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:24 AM
link   
First off you can't go to another to get an answer for your dream. They are like metaphors for something. If you belive and think a dream is just something you do when you sleep you won't be able to figure it out.

My personal opinion on scary dreams is just to make it know you should look deeper for answers, and not that something bad will happen to you.

Once you figure it out you will notice how much dreams and everything else are symbolic of things.

It takes time to get the big picture but rightfully so, due to the fact people have more control on life than one thinks. However it is hard to describe or put into words since it is beyond human known law. If you do look and try to figure this out you need to be able to drop down your barriers to law and concept.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Hi Asala

Dream interpretation is something tricky, as I believe dreams are sometimes symbolic representations of ourselves and the things we can control in our lives. Other times, they are mysterious extensions of the world around us, adding up to so much more than we are as individuals. This connected unconcious WE state that we don't understand very well, makes it difficult for one person to tell another that their dream about spiders is the fear of change or that dreaming of wolves is the following. To prove my point, I looked up different dream dictionaries and they all came up with completely contrasting wolf dream meanings.

Find your fate: To dream of a wolf shows that you have a thieving person in your employ who is on the prowl to betray you.

Soul Future: A white wolf often symbolizes receiving guidance. Loyalty, protection, Experiencing a sense of community, Having strong family ties, Feeling fearful or hunted, wanting to keep the wolf from your door, Somebody who is devious or dishonest, a wolf in sheep’s clothing
Ingesting quickly or taking something in hurriedly, wolfing it down (so basically everything

Dream Swoon: Hard times or financial troubles

Dream Moods: To see a wolf in your dream, symbolizes beauty, solitude, mystery, self-confidence and pride. You are able to keep your composure in a variety of social situations and can blend in with any situation with ease and grace. You are a loner by choice. Negatively, it represents hostility and aggression. It may also reflect an uncontrollable force or situation in your life.

I think the fact that you are still thinking about it makes it important and probably it is for a reason. Dream journals help - write down all the details of the dream, no matter how irrelevant seeming and minor. Make comments and notes about how you are feeling the next day or the weeks folowing. Sometimes months later they make sense.

And don't ever let anyone tell you that dreams are only unconscious desires or blahblahblah

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I feel something that I have not really felt before

pure love maybe?

I usualy try not to disect dreams unless I know more about your view of them. I am not a fan of disecting via a book. Sometimes that is right on though. I just tend to think way out of the box.

My view of your dream right off is that maybe the wolf you saw is your watcher/guide/guardian. They can show themselfs in what ever form you are most at ease with. Maybe he has been working overtime guarding you. Maybe he needed your sholder instead of the other way around. When you get to be with this person in your dreams, it is a wonderful feeling. It is unconditional love. You feel more safe, more important, and more loved than ever. You get a deeper understanding of life. You realize how unimportant material things are and how small even you bigest problem is. Maybe this dream, the feeling you got from this dream, will help you through a rough time you are fixing to go through.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Yes i agree with the wolf being my watcher, all my life i have had a connnection to wolfs,

Thank you all for your input and i agree this is a personal journey for me,

I have felt very calm since having this dream and like you have mentioned mrsdudara a deeper understanding of something i have yet to work out...but i do feel it,

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I got a sense that the wolf was a part of you somehow. A part of you got deeply wounded and hurt. You were walking through your living room which could represent your everyday life. You went through the window instead of the door. Could it be you were so drawn that you didn't want to take the chance of the wolf slipping away, or letting this particular moment in your life slip away?

You are ready to face what was haunting you before, but you are not afraid anylonger. You were not afraid of the wolf, and the wolf was happy to have you help him and comfort him. As if you were helping yourself and giving comfort to yourself. Sometype of healing process could be taking place within you or in your soul/spirit.

This is taking place in the garden, where people usually go to relax their body and sometimes their spirit. A garden can be a spiritual retreat to let go of everyday life and stress. You could have been feeling the peace, comfort, and love that comes from that.

[edit on 14-10-2005 by Mystery_Lady]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   

You are ready to face what was haunting you before, but you are not afraid anylonger. You were not afraid of the wolf, and the wolf was happy to have you help him and comfort him

Mystery_Lady what you have wrote makes a lot of sence for me,

I have had a lot of hurdles in life, and still do, Things got on top of me alot in the past year, i have alot of responsability in life and that can be very draining,

I think that for some reason i have started to begin to see my own life in a new light, like fresh again rather that a never ending chore,

Gosh this is really making me think now

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
I was in the middle of a nightmare; (I suffer these a lot)
When suddenly there was a bright light and I was back in my own house,

You escaped your fear to land in safety and security.

In the dream I walked in to my living room and was drawn to the window,
I opened the window to see a wolf in my garden as it came near I could see that it was hurt
As it was limping,

I climbed out my window and went over to the wolf; it had deep scars on its face.

You saw through an obstacle/obstruction (wall) and went through it. You encoutered pain both past and present.

I bent down to fix up the wolfs paw that I could see was hurt and the wolf seemed very happy,
I sat with it stroking it and I felt very happy,

I fed the wolf and sat out in the dark with my arm around it,

I felt at ease and really connected,

You resolved the problem that caused pain and felt contnetment and satisfaction. The nurturing aspect seems to give you great satisfaction.

I feel something that I have not really felt before, I feel in some way this was a message

What decision in your life are you ignoring? I get dreams similar to these whenever I face a tough decision. Things in my life that cause pain are difficult to deal with. It sounds like this is a situation that has caused deep pain in your past and is begining (or continuing) to cause pain presently. Scars represent healed wounds but the fact that the wolf was injured again suggest that there is something in your life that needs attention.

Hope this helps to send you into the right direction. Since you identify so much with wolves, my feeling is that you are the wolf who needs nurturing and healing. Take care of yourself.

top topics

join