It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Family Research Council" Gears Up for Pro-Cancer Movement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Don't get your hopes up about the good news in the war on cancer just yet.

Cervical Cancer Vaccine Is Found Effective

An experimental vaccine has proved highly effective at preventing cervical cancer in a two-year study involving more than 12,000 women, researchers reported today.

The vaccine works by making people immune to two types of a sexually transmitted virus that cause most cases of the disease.

The vaccine, Gardasil, is made by Merck, which plans to apply for approval to the Food and Drug Administration before the end of this year and, if the vaccine is approved, to market it in 2006.

If it were widely used, the vaccine could save many lives. Worldwide, there are about 500,000 new cases of cervical cancer a year, and 290,000 deaths.

Some powerful hate groups posing as "Christian" lobbying organizations aren't so sure it's a good idea to prevent cervical cancer.

Tony Perkins' Family Research Council is considering extending it's outreach program from merely spreading homophobia and opposing civil liberties to giving cancer a fighting chance.

The Religious Right Hearts Cancer
New Scientist.com

DEATHS from cervical cancer could jump fourfold to a million a year by 2050, mainly in developing countries. This could be prevented by soon-to-be-approved vaccines against the virus that causes most cases of cervical cancer - but there are signs that opposition to the vaccines might lead to many preventable deaths.

The trouble is that the human papilloma virus (HPV) is sexually transmitted. So to prevent infection, girls will have to be vaccinated before they become sexually active, which could be a problem in many countries.

In the US, for instance, religious groups are gearing up to oppose vaccination, despite a survey showing 80 per cent of parents favour vaccinating their daughters. "Abstinence is the best way to prevent HPV," says Bridget Maher of the Family Research Council, a leading Christian lobby group that has made much of the fact that, because it can spread by skin contact, condoms are not as effective against HPV as they are against other viruses such as HIV.

"Giving the HPV vaccine to young women could be potentially harmful, because they may see it as a licence to engage in premarital sex," Maher claims, though it is arguable how many young women have even heard of the virus.

The FReaC's have since gone dark on initial public concerns possibly due to the powerful lobbying presence of their co-conspirators in unrelated evil, Merck, the Republican contribution machine. The fact that 80% of Americans actually want to vaccinate their daughters against cervical cancer is of no concern to fringe fundamental extremists.

Time will tell if they can figure out how to support cancer and unregulated health care profits at the same time while making the whole thing the fault of mainstream America somehow persecuting them. Where there's a will, there's a way. Don't count this up and coming hate group out just yet. The mailing list of former Ku Klux Klan Grand Wizard David Duke goes a long way, and buys a lot of "compassionate conservatism."

[edit on 12-10-2005 by RANT]

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
"...one of the primary goals of the homosexual rights movement is to abolish all age of consent laws and to eventually recognize pedophiles as the 'prophets' of a new sexual order." - "Homosexual Activists Work to Normalize Sex With Boys," FRC publication, July 1999

Those and many more Hate Crime from the FRC at...
www.hatecrime.org...

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
When I found out about the benefits of this new vaccine I immediately called my daughter to tell her, that as soon is available to get her shot.

I tell you some of these fundamentalist anti gay and women rights radicals need to be hang by their balls, pardon me,
by their genitals.

Like I say over and over again the pro lifers, Christian fundamentalist hate groups care less about women health or women rights all they want is to control women private parts so they can target the gay community at the same time and any body that doesn't fit their profile of a moral citizen.

For some reason the hate groups that are infiltrating Christian conservative American are starting to give the Christian cause a bad name.

But as usual a war between corporate American and religious groups is a death end, money and profits always prevail

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
When I found out about the benefits of this new vaccine I immediately called my daughter to tell her, that as soon is available to get her shot.

Well, (thinking of a way to say this) to prevent infection by HPV, which virtually everyone that ever locates and explores third base has (something like 80% or more), the shots need to be given between the ages of 9 and 14 before girls and boys (the carriers) become sexually active.

If your college aged daughter is normal (and she looked mighty damn normal to me
), I don't know that the shots would do anything at this point.

Thus the Religious Right's problem with preventing cervical cancer.

[edit on 11-10-2005 by RANT]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
If your college aged daughter is normal (and she looked mighty damn normal to me
), I don't know that the shots would do anything at this point.

Thus the Religious Right's problem with preventing cervical cancer.

[edit on 11-10-2005 by RANT]

Thanks, she will benefit from it, as long as she is not sexualy active like you say.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The way that RANT is posting this topic makes it seem like that religious fanatics want every single man and woman to have a kid or to get HPV. I mean it does make a little sense why religious groups would go bananas over this. As for the health side of it, this vaccine could really effect humans in a good way. This vaccine can help treat a disease for which there are very few treatments around that can fight this infection.

I have a suggestion to the religious fanatics and Christian fundamentalists, either PUT UP OR SHUT UP because this vaccine is here to stay!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 09:28 PM
link   
What these religous twats dont get is that cervical cancer affects married women more so than any other group. Many women who have had only one husband and sexual partner still get the virus from their husbands who carry it.

I propose saving animals and using religous nuts as test subjects for experiments, personally. You dont here them condemning men for having sex before marriage much.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
You know what, I've never heard them complain about that. Besides, how many men or women did these people who are supposed to be saved by the grace of God have been with?

new topics

top topics

join