It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The History of Violence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Save your money on this one....

There are two mildly hot sex scenes, and a gratuitous full frontal of the lead actress (and you'll see Vigo's butt, for the gals), but other than that, there's really not much this movie has to offer....

It's slow as molasses, gives you almost NO background info on who major characters are, and if you blink, you'll miss the fight scenes.

To make matters worse, it has one of those endings that makes you say, "oh no, they better not even THINK of ending it here....they did..what a bummer." Do they even DO test screenings even more?

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Maria Bello + gratuitous full frontal = hours of Dr. Love being interrogated by his g/f as to what he thought about that specific part of the movie.

At least I'm assuming it's Maria Bello you're talking about Gaz.

Peace

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Ending reminds me of the movie Made. I was watching it, then the ending credits popped up. I was lost, they were in the middle of a scene and the movie just ends! I thought they screwed it up, got a dif. copy, same thing! How could you end a movie that way?

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Totally loved this film, except for the unsexy sex scenes.

Clever, misleading story, a genuine air of menace and supurb fight scenes. Loved every second of it, well beyond the crappy and uneeded sex.

Nicely acted, satisfying in places and generally well worth my six pounds.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
It was a bit of a drawn out one wasn't it. It was pretty funny though with the rape (I dunno what else to call it) on the stairs

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Gotta agree on this one...this move was BAD and I don't mean that in a good way. I like Viggo and I saw it because he was in it but the story was lame, the directing was pathetic, the lighting was bad, and most of the acting was bad. The sex scense really caught me off guard because they really didn't blend themselves into the story or the rest of the movie.

top topics

join