It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attacks on Hispanics in Georgia kill six

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
What exactly are migrant workers, just so I'm not totally in the dark here? Aren't they from other countries who come here to work for a season?

If so, I say no more of that. Those jobs can go to Americans first. With jobs being outsourced, and Americans losing jobs (we've had several well-paying jobs leave our area here in NE Ohio), I hardly think we need any "outside" help.

That being said, that doesn't excuse any violence against migrant workers...on the other hand, I can't help but think, if they don't like it, they can go back to where they came from.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Forth arrest on the home ivassions in Tifton GA, and the horrible murders.

A fourth suspect is being held in the Tift County Jail on six counts of murder. Agents from the southeast task force and the U.S. Marshal agents arrested 22 year old Thomas Christopher Mathis of Adel Friday afternoon in an apartment in Valdosta.

One of the earlier arrested was also a women.

www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=3954577

Despise of the forth arrest the community is now looking into ways to keep themselves save.

The area has turned into a ghost town, and the usual parties and community gatherings were not up served this weekend.

"Everybody is watching out for everybody, especially us we do have a large family here in Tifton," said Maria.

Members of the Hispanic community talk about starting a community watch program and say other safety measure still need to be taken to protect their homes.

www.walb.com/Global/story.asp?S=3954711

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
CNN just did a report on the attacks against hispanics in Georgia.
I don't have a web article, just the video.

Black on brown hate crimes?

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Thanks for the link Ace of Base, the true is that here nobody wants to talk about hate crimes, but the true is that is been going on and off randomly and the target are spanish.

The problem is that taking in fact the color of the ones doing the crimes hate doesn't fit.

Also most of the people in these areas are on government programs and looking at spanish working jobs that some in the government programs are not it doesn't look good either.

It is jobs around but people are more comfortable receiving government help at home.

Migrant workers don't get government help they work for a living.

I am glad that the line between hate crimes is finally in the spot light.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join