It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad news: H5N1 showing increased resistance to Tamiflu.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Don't buy thouse pharmacutical stocks just yet. I've heard today that H5N1 is showing increased resistance to Tamiflu, the standard anti-flu anti-viral medicine.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toxic Fox
Don't buy thouse pharmacutical stocks just yet. I've heard today that H5N1 is showing increased resistance to Tamiflu, the standard anti-flu anti-viral medicine.

Yes I just read that tonight on www.terroristwarning.com
and that there is 14 people sick in Toronto 4 which have died there saying is a mystery illness and there monitoring it.......scary!

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hobby

Originally posted by Toxic Fox

and that there is 14 people sick in Toronto 4 which have died there saying is a mystery illness and there monitoring it.......scary!

SAIDWHATNOW?

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hobby

Actually, 77 are ill, and 4 have died.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I've read this also...the resistance issue and the people sick in Toronto...they are saying that the people sick in Canada have been tested and are NOT infected with flu or sars of ANY type, including H5N1....it is an unknown infection at this time. Wish I had thought to snag a link to it...I will go see if I can find one...

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Here's some more info on the sick in Toronto....

4 deaths, 77 infections at nursing home

Updated: Oct 2, 2005, 23:45

"We've run tests for over a dozen different viruses and bacteria, from run-of-the-mill influenza to
bird flu and SARS," said Dr. Donald Low, the lab's medical director. "So far, everything’s come up negative."

Residents at the nursing home began to show symptoms one week ago. The first patient died on
Sept. 29. A coroner will begin performing autopsies on Monday.

Low said once they have tissue samples from the deceased patients, lab technologists will be able to
run more sophisticated tests.

new topics

top topics

join