It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Checking the Credibility of One of My Sources

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I was recently at my physician's office and brought up the subject of H5N1. Surprisingly, he had heard next to nothing about it and indicated that he was unaware of anyone in the local medical community being concerned about it. (This experience alone may be the subject of a separate thread, later, when I have more time.)

Without getting into too much detail, the conversation led me to question whether to some degree the extreme risk of H5N1 transmission explicitly indicated by Dr. Niman from his Recombinomics website was even credible. Many of you have been following my thread Stage 5 Pandemic Risk: If this doesn't scare you, nothing will! which is almost exclusively based upon Dr. Niman's reportings.

First, I need to make it clear that I am NOT saying Dr. Niman is an untrustworthy source. I remain undecided at this point. However, I do believe it is important to assess his credibility and authority on the subject matter. Accordingly, I have found the following that is worthy of further inspection and consideration:

Henry Niman: prophet of doom for the Internet

I have already begun thoroughly investigating the issues raised in that link and associated links. Much I have confirmed. Other items I have refuted.

Honestly, I remain somewhat undecided and would appreciate the help of others on this board to help with this effort. It has been difficult to confirm many of Dr. Niman's purported "accomplishments" and "qualifications." Additionally, I seem to find much that contradicts what he indicates about his professional history.

It does disturb me that he seems to have such track record of "peddling" his wares (pharmaceuticals) on numerous message boards. It also makes me suspicious that many of those postings are stock market related. Moreover, I am uncomfortable that he is not a physician...though that does not necessarily mean he does not have the requisite subject matter expertise to assert his assessments on H5N1.

I can't help but wonder if Mr. Niman owns stock in Roche Laboratories Inc., the producer of TamiFlu.

In any event, I thought it necessary to come forth with this information on ATS to have more discussion on the matter.

[edit on 1-10-2005 by loam]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I noticed Niman here about a year ago - and later determined he mainly was pushing his own business interests. BUT - this does not mean his sources are invalid. Most of the news and links he posts on Recombinomics were credible when I reviewed them.

...as far as Niman's analysis goes - he doesn't answer the hard questions, and the solutions he offers all serve his own business interests, as far as I can tell.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I've had contact with Dr. Niman for awhile now, and I remember him blasting away about the effectivness of Tamiflu. Seems that for tamiflu to be effective, the test results showed a 10 times higher dosage must be administered for protection. This means that 5000 single dosages really equal only 500 real world dosages.

This was reported on many other sites as well as his own.

BTW loam, I personally have not seen any advertisements from Dr. Niman.
Where are they? What is he selling?

Sincerely,

Gman55

[edit on 1-10-2005 by gman55]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I resentlly had sugery, so I have been in and out of doctor offices and hospitals recentlly. the thing I noticed was the signs about certain conditions, that needed to be addressed by the staff immediatlly upon arrival. Im not sure what the signs said word for word, but I do now If you had Flu like sysmtoms they wanted to know about them, they also used words like quarrentine/ to keep from infecting other patients. I wish I would have thought about asking some of the nurse's and "other" employees about bird flu, but I didn't, morrphine kinda has that effect on a body..

The main-stream media has been reporting more and more about it[bird flu] recently.

These signs I saw could have been from back when SARS was the Big danger to the world...dunno...I do know the 3 main words were Flu, Quarrintine, & other patients.

Anyone else seen similar signs in your doctor offices or hospitals??

In the last 3 months I have been too 3 differant emergency rooms,1 hospital admiting dept., my doctor, my sugeon, and another sugeon, they all had some kinda sign posted where you sign in.

peace

top topics

join