It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the White Light?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I was meditateing yesterday on a thought and my mind started throwing togethers certain thoughts that were meant to be examined. I just couldn't come up with any satisfying detail around the obvious. Maybe you guys can help build the reasons...

1st. Insects are controlled by light machines that shock them to literal death. Yet they instictively yern towards the light.
2nd. Most people that have experienced neardeath experiences or were dead and came back, talk about a light, calling them towards it. And everyone remembers Caralan from polterguise and the white light.
3rd. Deer getting caught in headlights to the point of gettng killed.

I'm sure the list go on...

I just can't right this off to, "It's because we all come from the sun," or, "That is us going back to the source." It seems so obvious that if lives are frozen by its very essance, it must be explored in thought more. Can anyone else think of more examples? To me that is the only posthumonous certainty that I can expect to encounter. Maybe now curiousity wants t know more...

Mod Edit:ALL-CAP title

[edit on 1-10-2005 by kinglizard]

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I think that moths are attracted to the light because they use the moon for navigation, but I don't know about other insects like flies, etc. There is some more info about it here:

While there is no definitive explanation for this phenomenon, there are some interesting theories.

Photoaxis In Insects

Yellow is a wavelength moths don't respond to.

Wow, weird.

I have heard someone here on ATS suggest that the bright tunnel of light when you die is coming out of your mother's womb in the next life (ie reincarnation). Or maybe it isn't that bright, but just the "spiritual world" (whatever/whereever it may be) is 'brighter' than our world is, and it takes some getting adjusted to, much like flipping on the light for the first time in the morning. Some people will go as far as to say that we are beings of light and actually made of light, just at a different energy vibration level.

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 09:09 AM
link   
2nd. Most people that have experienced neardeath experiences or were dead and came back, talk about a light, calling them towards it. And everyone remembers Caralan from polterguise and the white light.

Actually the "white light" experience is something that is actually most prominent in Christian English speaking countires. Studies have been done to show that near death experiences in 3rd world countries have no recollection of a "white light" or tunnel. Which in turn leads me to believe it is nothing more than our collective sub-concious producing what it has been taught. The fact of the matter is, each experience is relative to the person having it, at least that is what studies have shown. Also we are not truly dead until we are dead, so near death is something entirely different from death itself. I have been close to winning the lottery although I never have. I am sure that the effects of winning are different than coming close.
Nice post though

new topics

join