It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The various religions and the End of the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hey guys , how's going .

Iv'e been reading a lot of things about "The End of the World" lately and I came across with a few things . Check this and see how many similarities there are betwen such diferent religions . Almost all of the religions discribe the world ending on a wave of violance , poverty , chaos and degradation then "ONE" person ( man , entity , God , etc ) will show and save our helpless planet ( man , all of them mention that ). Then some sort of " Golden Age" will arise . It's intriguing how they match SO much . I really beleive something might happen ( specially on 2012 , but I don't want to , and can't talk about that here ) . Well , seeing how things are going on lately that is not so hard to believe .... and what do you think ?

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Personally, I don't put too much stock into it all. A lot of the predictions are just so vague. Besides...I just lost my point.....crap, I'll get back when I remember it.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
There are many reasons to explain the commonality of images and concepts, even dating, found world wide and throughout history. More then one of these explanations could be at least partially correct. A compelling place to begin in studying this topic is in the attached ATS thread started by Alias Jones. If you dig around you'll find a wealth of information here on ATS and other places you'll find a wealth of information.

The Ecliptic Plane, 2012 and the dawn of a new age thread

Mod Edit: Fixed link.

[edit on 1-10-2005 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The fact that they are all similar must mean something. I mean, how can different groups of people thousands of miles apart allcome up with the same idea. The chances of that must be really remote.

posted on Oct, 3 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by apex
The fact that they are all similar must mean something. I mean, how can different groups of people thousands of miles apart allcome up with the same idea. The chances of that must be really remote.

I totally agree. Many people are willing to accept the occurences of wild coincidence in order to maintian a limited notion of a status quo, but I can never understand why this type of rationalization is supposed to be so comforting. Give me observation based analysis and supposition any day.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
why would you want to know when the world ends. It will definatly be when you die. So far the most probable ways in which the world will end are:

1. Nuke atack
2. Flood caused by global warming
3. Super volcano
4. wide spread famine

all the rest sound rubbish in todays society

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fanatic this
It's intriguing how they match SO much . I really beleive something might happen ( specially on 2012 , but I don't want to , and can't talk about that here ) . Well , seeing how things are going on lately that is not so hard to believe .... and what do you think ?

Thats a great link, Fanatic, I especially liked reading through the Native American links that were listed therein.

There is always the argument of 'cross pollination', where other cultures pick up these 'end of the world' scenarios from conquerers, But I'm convinced that is not the case (entirely).

There is a book which I would recommend if you are able to find it. Gordon Brotherson's 'Book of the Fourth World', a study of Indiana State University @ Bloomington and the University of Essex, England. This book is published by Cambridge University Press.

Within this lengthy study is an detailed analysis of the Popol vuh and its' relationship to the Sunstone.

Here's our present 'age' Ollin, as written in the eighth century A.D by Native Americans (before the advance of Christian doctrines);

The fifth Sun,
Sign Four Ollin,
is called Earthquake Sun
because it started into motion.
The old ones said
in this sun there will be earthquakes and general hunger
from which we shall perish.

from; Nahuatl of the Cuauhtitlan Annals

Hmmm...so this age will end in earthquakes by that description. The world, btw, does not 'end' entirely, the 'age' does. Nor do ALL the people die, but most do.
But, isn't it interesting when we note the (seemingly) increasing numbers and violence of quakes, coupled with a weakening magnetic field around the earth and, also, an increasingly violent solar activity when it should be at a low?
I'm beginning to suspect we may be getting closer as 2012 draws nigh.

Lots to discuss here, Fanatic...

top topics

join