It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Points on ATS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Groingrinder.. i was.. i am no more.
There is a difference.. im reservist now.

Anyhow got me a job interview for 15.9.2003.. (next monday..) maybe ill get it.. then i will no longer have so much spare time..

[Edited on 10-9-2003 by FULCRUM]

ID

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Points doesnt matter what matter what one learns/or teaches to others here.. thats what matters.
I am very glad to hear you say this FULCRUM. I am glad to see my inferences were unfounded.

posted on Sep, 10 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   
hey l00k
I posted here and gained a few points.
take that!
lol

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   

However, in the future, as advertisers begin to participate in ATS, points will be exchangeable for prizes and cash. At that point, I'm sure most people will pay attention to points.

That's if they are willing to also give up their anonymity to get those prizes & cash. Not me.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Until there is action taken to castigate and punish the nonsense and filler that we all make sometimes, it will continue to get put up, and increasingly so in the 'higher value' Forums. That is simple operant conditioning, intermittent reinforcement at work, it works just as well on lab rats. Until there is a punishment to go with it - either an electric shock through the mouse, or 1000 points lost for inanity in a serious Forum, or even the old Warnings, it will be open game!

Some of our best posters are concerned with the distraction value of the ATS points system. I believe the points system and quality posting can co-exist, but the frustration level of some has reached such a simmering point that I have been asked to resubmit the above, which was felt to have been ignored by GOATS, noids and tinfoilhatters alike.

Clean up the crap (stupid pointless posts becoming pointful on serious forums) or it is likely that some members will be lost. I will not say it again, and I am not one who will be lost, for my plans are different.

BTW Questor,

Your comment about anonymity was interesting, and well justified - provided the resident spooks do not know you intimately already!

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 01:16 AM
link   
The system is always going to have some sort of flaw to it, so don't take it too seriously.

Besides, what do you get for racking up points? Blowing it on colourful text and backgrounds.

Remember, this is a conspiracy forum! The point of ATS is to learn, not to show off your artistic mini-profile.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Fulcrum WTF?

all you ever talk about is aircraft and military matters and now you have 58000 points?

are you not an example of what is wrong at ATS?

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Do a search on the 10,000 posts made by MA in the past few months and tell me who has contributed the MOST to the inane, one-line, non-sensical, and by majority off-topic posts made on this board...

then, also let me know WHO talks the loudest and the most about the quality of posts on ATS while at the same time being the biggest contributor to BS posts.

I look forward to some one letting me know what they find.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   
never thought this thread woudl have gotten this many responses, or casued this much of a ripple. I love MA's posts. the seemingly nonsensical or joking ones are still far more intelligent than most users. There is actually a mind at work behind MA's posts (although he is on here ALOT). Some people spend a lot of time crafting terrible posts (I am guilty on many occasions). there are some users that are so far in left field (which is a somewhat needed perspective), but MA's groundedness, and humor make his posts, at worst, entertaining, and at best, thought provoking.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Do a search on the 10,000 posts made by MA in the past few months and tell me who has contributed the MOST to the inane, one-line, non-sensical, and by majority off-topic posts made on this board...

then, also let me know WHO talks the loudest and the most about the quality of posts on ATS while at the same time being the biggest contributor to BS posts.

I look forward to some one letting me know what they find.

Valhall

A risk you have taken here.

1. My post count is not even half that.

2. I hope your program of insulting members repeatedly does not backfire on you yet again.

Do not mention my name in your posts again, thankyou.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 01:39 AM
link   
excuse me....

i guess it would be 10,001 now.

<< 1   >>

join