It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

from the ashes of angels

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
recently i read the book 'from the ashes of angels' by andrew collins and i would love to discuss the things that he has presented in particular the underground cities in ancient cappadocia. unfortunately every time i do a search i bring up a lot of rpg stuff (specifically vampire: the masquerade) and not any info on the actual archeolgical sites. i know that the turkish govt is not too keen on archeological expeditions in their territory nowadays, but there has to be some info floating around.

the reason i ask is that i am very interested in the concept that we as a society have a sort of historical amnesia, and that the time periods that we call pre-history may have evidence of a lost culture which may or may not have been at a unheard of level of advancement for the time.

when i have resources available and a little more time i will expand on my theories but i would love to hear the thoughts of others. thanks!

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I can't find much to help you on this, though I did find a tiny bit of information on a travel site:
www.cappadoce.com...

Here's a handfull of papers on Cappidocia underground:
scholar.google.com...

And a couple hundred other references to archaeology and the region:
scholar.google.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'd say check the books bibliography and follow up on the sources cited, those sources will yeild other sources, and you might be able to get some of them via google scholar or at least the abstracts from other journal archives.

join