It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your plan for when/if the bird flu hits?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I haven't so much as caught a cold in 4 years and i have never had a vaccination because i'm allergic to a lot of medications. i was told as a kid i would get sick lot's but i never did and now not at all. I beleive my immune system is stronger then that of someone with a flu shot. Not to mention the levels of neuro toxins like mercury in vaccines and medications.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Doctor
I haven't so much as caught a cold in 4 years and i have never had a vaccination because i'm allergic to a lot of medications. i was told as a kid i would get sick lot's but i never did and now not at all. I beleive my immune system is stronger then that of someone with a flu shot. Not to mention the levels of neuro toxins like mercury in vaccines and medications.

You are one of the lucky ones I guess!

It is actually better to get sick a lot when we are a kids because we build up antibodies which build up our immune systems. This is what I have heard from numerous sources, anyway.

I am usually pretty good about not getting sick often. Actually a cold has gone around recently and mostly everyone at school got it including my girlfriend and I stayed ok.

I feel like the H5N1 is in a different league though, whether you have a stronge immume system or you don't, this thing would kick anyone on their a--. Don't get me wrong..I'm not saying a stronge immune system won't help at all...I just won't be depending on mine for survival if the bird flu hits

[edit on 29-9-2005 by mattihoo]

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I actually saw the avian flu mentioned in my local news cast yesterday which comes out of Huntington, WVA. I was suprised at their cander but glad they are not being suppressed in carrying the story locally.

They stressed that there are no known cures or preventors but said that CDC was recommending tamiflu.

posted on Oct, 6 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I just happened to read the July/August 2005 issue of the CFR's publication and it was entirely devoted to the Bird Flu pandemic. I believe that it is from sources such as the CFR that we can cut through the filtered crap and get some real information on this ensuing pandemic.

The CFR is basically admitting that a widespread pandemic is perhaps a year or less away and that quarantine especially in the third world nations would have to be implemented. If the flu got out of control ala the 1918 bug, then we are looking at 12-24 months of global quarantine because the economic ramifications would mean economic meltdown for much of the world. This means travel is restricted. Affected regions perhaps here in the U.S. would have to be locked down.

They are forecasting that deaths may be anywhere from 5,000,000 to half a billion depending on the mutation and how far the disease spreads. But the real DEATH would come from entire economic collapse.

The article also discussed how the military was getting ravaged by the 1918 flu and riots and civic disorder were rampant once the outbreak could not be contained.

In conclusion, pray that this thing goes away quietly because if it makes the jump from animal-human and into human-human infection, we are looking at the 21st century version of the Black Plague. Sure, you may survive (most likely) being from a wealthy 1st world nation and all, but if this thing gets to pandemic levels, everyone will be hunkering down for a good long while hoping the antiviral shots the feds are promising will work.

<< 1  2   >>

join