It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saw II

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Plot Outline: Jigsaw continues his next game on a group of unlucky victims, who are locked away and forced to kill each other, while a Detective Eric Mason tries to track him down - unknowingly that the game is going on right in front of him

I thought Saw was one of the most underrated movies of the year when it was released in 2004. I think this is one of them rare occurences when the sequel blows the original out of the water; which says alot because the original was a masterpiece. You guys excited for the release? Think the first one was garbage? What are some thoughts on the release of this movie. I for one am all for it. I hate when movies wait years to make a sequal; however most movies who plan a sequal to early do sink.

Share some thoughts on this movie

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I thought SAW sucked a massive donkey ball myself.

I remember I saw it with my sister.

Almost as pissed off as the time she said "boogey man is a good movie"

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I thought SAW sucked a massive donkey ball myself.

I remember I saw it with my sister.

Almost as pissed off as the time she said "boogey man is a good movie"

Yep!

I saw Saw, lol errr no pun intended. Anyway, I saw it with my fiancé, we thought a scary movie might be good for a change, well we got into about 20minutes and left, biggest waste of 12 bucks I ever spent. Tastless crap to be honest. And im sure the second one will be just as bad if not worse, then again Ive never really liked "scary movies" that much, there always stupid with no substance.

Vorta

[edit on 25-9-2005 by Vorta]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
It wasn't all that scary, right now I can't remember it scene for scene but I do remember watching saying they could end the movie right now....

and let me say this Boogey Men was so stupid, he gets attacked by hangars in a closet just cause he is a wierdo flipping out there is no evil ghosts he's just a MOIST ASS BITCH!

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
wow tough crowd, i thought the movie was amazing, the twist at the end made me fall in love with it, it was totally unexpected, wasnt too scary, kind of disgusting at some scenes, and overall i thought it was great, despite what critics said.

posted on Oct, 2 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I think Saw was great, it took a type of new approach to the horror genre. It was one of those movies that really presents what 'could-be' a real life situation, really makes you think. Can't wait for Saw II.

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I thought it was pretty good actually....more creepy than scary, and much deeper psychologically...kind of like Phone booth....

I'll definitely go see it, but it's really one of those love it or hate it things...like Dumber and Dumber. You couldn't pay me to watch any of those flicks, and I LOVE slapstick, but my friends loved the movie...

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 04:24 PM
link   
w0w...

saw was great

i, personally, can't wait for saw 2...

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   
The surprise ending to Saw was quite enjoyable. I'd watch Saw II. I did NOT see the surprise ending coming at ALL when I was watching the first one. I think it was more like Seven than Phone Booth.

Zip

posted on Oct, 5 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Saw was a good movie i think it was interesting made you think a bit like high tension but that was alot better i think anyway kept my attention till the end so yeah can't wait for saw II hope they dont screw it up.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Just seen the new saw 2 trailer looks pretty good but reminds me a bit of cube one if they are stuck in just one room if you catch my drift.

From what i saw they have to find an antidote to a toxin they inhale in a room then one by one they all get it lol looks good anyway have to see it and make my mind up.

[edit on 26/10/2005 by SE7EN]

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
Just seen the new saw 2 trailer looks pretty good but reminds me a bit of cube one if they are stuck in just one room if you catch my drift.

From what i saw they have to find an antidote to a toxin they inhale in a room then one by one they all get it lol looks good anyway have to see it and make my mind up.

[edit on 26/10/2005 by SE7EN]

they go in different rooms i think...

i can't believe the girl from saw 1 is in the sequel...

she must have pissed off jigsaw :shk:

she is an idiot...

and dead...

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Well I've just got in about an hour ago from seeing saw at the cinema. First impressions it seemed a really good film but tended to drag on towards the end.

Haven't seen the first one but I imagine this ones a bit more brutal.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I thought Saw was pretty cool.... sure, the acting was pretty bad and the plot was a little ridiculous, but I thought it had a cool surprise ending and stuff..... But a for Saw II, I thought it was pure crap....... The acting was atrocious and the plot actually made me laugh.... not even worth the money... unless you wanna go and laugh...

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
great movie!!!

and great ending!!!

i LOVED the twists and turns that this movie had (well, at least the ending)...

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I haven't watched Saw, but I watched Saw II last night. It was a;right, some predictable things here and there, but it did have a surpise ending.

Overall I think its an good movie even though there are defeinatly parts were it could have improved. Some of the actors were good, but many of them could have really done a better job at their parts. The girl from the first one for instance, she starts off real good, in the middle she is real unconvincing as she is all calm instead of crying and trembling like she started out, then at the end she does seem to be fearful of one of the other "houseguests." Dectective Matthews and Jigsaw both do a good job acting.

The gore sceens were good. I was expecting more of them though. I can only think of three good gore sceens.

I would recommend this movie to someone who enjoys thriller movies. It doesn't really matter if you've seen the first one or not either, it would shed a little more light on what Jigsaw had previously done though.

All in all I give it a 7/10.

[edit on 11/1/2005 by hatchedcross]

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I finally found some time friday night to check out Saw II and I thought it was deffinately worthy of the sequal and another one to come. They linked the 2 together very well and continued with the twists. I am a huge fan of these 2 movies and I think since Scream are the best horror flicks running with sequals. I hope Saw does not end up as bad as scream did but does anybody see the potential this story line has. I will not go and spoil the movie for anybody but the way they keep each one as just a peice of the puzzle. Two huge thumbs up on my part and holding my breath until the next one.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I thought SAW was amazing. Some of the situations people found themselves in were insanely disturbing. I havn't seen SAW II yet, I'll probably buy it when it comes out on DVD.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by xeroxed88
I thought SAW was amazing. Some of the situations people found themselves in were insanely disturbing. I havn't seen SAW II yet, I'll probably buy it when it comes out on DVD.

As will I, highly recommend it. Well written and directed.

join