It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Orleans Levee Breaks!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Hurricane Rita's steady rains sent water pouring through breaches in a patched levee Friday, cascading into one of the city's lowest-lying neighborhoods in a devastating repeat of New Orleans' flooding nightmare.

www.foxnews.com...

It seems the heavy rain bands of hurricane Rita send torrential rains and surf against already weakened and hurriedly patched walls. Much of New Orleans is now either flooded or flooding.

We have three significant breaches in the levee and the water is rising rapidly," he said. "At daybreak I found substantial breaks and they've grown larger."

Dozens of blocks in the Ninth Ward (search) were under water as a waterfall at least 30 feet wide poured over and through a dike that had been used to patch breaks in the Industrial Canal (search) levee.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Best damn thing that could have happened is if Rita were to take the same exact path as Katrina. But that won't happen instead it will side swipe New Orleans and hit texas. I am being serious.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Timcouchfanclub

Best damn thing that could have happened is if Rita were to take the same exact path as Katrina.

I can actually see your practical logic there. That way you keep the devestation confined to one area which is already a disaster. However, there are still people in New Orleans and I'll bet they would have a different opinion. True enough, your wish would minimize the financial cost but the human element is always a factor.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
You got it. keep damage to the minimum. And the city is already mostly evacuated. But instead this storm is going to be evil and get its strikes in on New Orleans while heading to different ground.

top topics

join