It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Read This?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
www.rense.com...

If I posted it in the wrong place I am sorry. Supposedly CNN changed Mayor Nagin's warnings. Personally, I'm a little confused as the article is long.

Nagin's CNN Katrina
Warning Article
Predicted Levee Failure
"Nagin said the storm surge would likely
topple the levy system that protects the city."
From John Ray
9-17-5
New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin declared a state of emergency on Sunday and ordered a mandatory evacuation of the city as Hurricane Katrina churned toward the city with maximum sustained winds of nearly 175 mph.

Alot of the things he said were a little bit downplayed, for example:

"I wish I had better news for you, but we are facing a storm that most of us have feared," Nagin said. "I do not want to create panic, but I do want the citizens to understand that this is very serious and it's of the highest nature."

was changed to

"This is a threat that we've never faced before," Nagin said. "If we galvanize and gather around each other, I'm sure we will get through this."

Nothing like an example of downplaying a warning that potentially could have altered some of the difference between life or death.

There are a few more examples, but you would have to read the article and watch the videos for your own descrepancies. But to make a long story short, CNN had one article published to their site and then after everything happened you can see the article had been changed from the original.

[edit on 9/21/2005 by denial28]

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Could you add some more commentary to the thread post?

join