It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan Calendar FAQs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I'd like to use this sticky as a resource for folks interested in the Mayan Calendar. Please submit scholarly links (write a bit about the link and then give the link so we know what's in there and why it's good)

I do want scholarly, however. No 'channeled' information, okay?

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   
webexhibits.org - An overview of the Mayan calendar. A must read beginner's guide explaining long count, Haab, Tzolkin etc...

Wikipedia has an in depth review of the Mayan calendar as well, everything you need to know to grasp the basics: Wikipedia.org

This one's not exactly "scholarly" but you can't talk about the Mayan calendar and leave out all the fun stuff(ie the weird stuff). diagnosis2012

Jose Arguelles has pointed out that the Tzolkin is a harmonic of the Great Cycle, and can be used to map history, as if it is measuring not individual gestation but species gestation, since 5 Great Cycles add to exactly 26,000 Tuns; the "Grand Year" or precession of the equinoxes - a higher harmonic

Told ya

[edit on 23-9-2005 by Rren]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I thought i had included a calendar conversion tool in my post last night but i guess i forgot. This link converts from the Julian, Hebrew, Islamic, Persian, Mayan, Baha'i, Indian Civil, French Republic, ISO etc...calendars into our own Gregorian. A must have tool for the seer, prophet and prognosticator on the go.

www.fourmilab.ch... - (Your browser must support JavaScript)

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
oh, that is absolutely awesome! i've been looking for something like that for awhile.

and as long as we are posting references, let me add this:

www.sacred-texts.com...

it has sacred texts of all religions plus some other fun stuff...most of it is in english as well. to access the mayan stuff, just click on native american, and then maya...enjoy!

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
You guys ever hear of Ian Xel Lungold?

I just watched his lecture titled "Secrets of the Mayan Calendar Unveiled".

Great Stuff...really!

Here's his site

He even sells (I know, I know, but the man has got to eat, plus he is currently dying of cancer), but he sells a conversion card so you can convert Gregoriann calendar dates to the Mayan dates.

cheers

[edit on 27-10-2005 by StickyG]

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The How and Why of the Mayan End Date in 2012 A.D.

By John Major Jenkins, Originally published in the Dec-Jan '95 issue of Mountain Astrologer.

It goes into the technical aspects of the calendar, and then shows some charts indicating how the Sun will be in the dead center of their astronomical Sacred Tree on December 21st, 2012.

This sacred design of theirs representing a cosmology of theirs, as detailed in their creational myths, etc.:

The first question that came up for me was as follows. Since Lord (Ahau) Pacal is, by way of divine kingship, equated with the sun, and he is portrayed "entering" the Sacred Tree on his famous sarcophagus lid, on what day does the sun come around to conjunct the crossing point of ecliptic and Milky Way? This would be an important date. In the pre-dawn skies of this date, the Milky Way would be seen to arch overhead from the region of Polaris (Heart of Sky) and would point right at where the sun rises. This (and the corollary date 6 months later) is the only date when the Sun/Lord could jump from the ecliptic track and travel the Milky Way up and around the vault of heaven to the region of Polaris, there to enter the "Heart of Sky." ...

And December 21st, 2012 being the date in which our sun is the center of that tree, being some extremely religious event for the ancient Maya, apparently.

The article itself covers a lot more information.

www.levity.com...

posted on Dec, 23 2005 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I do not have any links but have been to the sites of Tulum ,Xel-Ha, and Chichen-Itza and every site I went to I asked the tour guide about the end of the calender. They all indicated that it was the beginning of a new time period and not the end of the world. However, if you want some drama we can think how this new era may cause a shift in the elipse of the earth causing the polor ice caps to melt and causing major flooding and destruction to the planet. Or maybe it tilts the other way and we get a deep freeze and die a terrible cold death. In reality a change will take effect over a millenia and not one year.

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 06:23 AM
link   
In reality a change will take effect over a millenia and not one year.
Growling Lion

Unless our sun repeats what others have done and has a brief but huge event, like a sevenfold increase in brightness.
That would do damage in a week.

exodus2006.com...
www.sacredroad.org...

[edit on 03 22 2005 by BlackGuardXIII]

posted on Dec, 24 2005 @ 08:15 AM
link   
~~

...oops...
here is a glimpse into my PCs folder; "2012 et al"
the folder will only continue to grow, as opposed to editing
and culling any sites i fall-out-of-favor with, at that moment in time.

//www.diagnosis2012.co.uk/index.htm
//www.2012.com.au/Site.A.html
//www.calendersign.ric.at/en/prophecy
//www.abhota.info/end6.htm
//exoddus2006.com/index.htm
//exopolitics.com
//www.spiritwheels.com/writers/doorwaytoeternity.com/writing.galacticcycles.htm
//www.handclow2012.com/
//www.sangraal.com/AMET/intro.html
//www.johnleary.com/messages.htm
//www.alignment2012.com/road-to-2012.html
//www.aztlan.net/rumblings_center_galaxy.htm
//home.hccnet.nl/h.de.jong/mayan.html
//ancientegypt.hypermart.net/royalarch/
//www.alignment2012.com/fap2.html

!- - i believe 2 or 3 are recently posted in this thread...
but that shouldn't mean that those links are unduly valuable,
it only means the url is probably near the top of the search page.

enjoy the, .......... , Holiday

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
What should humanity expect to happen at 2012?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Byrd

thanks for starting this thread i wanted to know about the mayan kalend

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
why do you want to know about the mayan calender relpy to this if your illuminatii

top topics

join