It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone remember "The Nightmare Man" aka "Child of the Vodyanoi"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 04:00 PM
link   
This is a little obtuse and I hope it fits in with this forum.

The Nightmare Man was a British tv series in the 1980's and dealt with the mysterious deaths of residents of a small remote Scottish island, it was a fictional story derived from the original novel "Child of the Vodyanoi" by David Wiltshire.

Apparently the series has been released on DVD in the UK, but as I'm now in the USA that didn't help me much. Remembering what a great scifi story it was, I searched the net for a copy of the original book and found three quotes $160, $120, and...$10, guess which one I purchased

I read the entire book in one evening last week, I just couldn't put it down, it even made me late for work the next day. The book is every bit as terrifying as the tv series, perhaps more so.

I just wondered if anyone remembers the original, and if you were as scared witless as I was back then.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I cant say i remember it, but i had a look to see if it brought back any memory of it, although i do remember the theme tune, i cant really remember the series, i guess i'll have to watch it,

can you or anyone else, remember a british tv series, i think it was also made in the early eighties, it was a bit like the Twilite zone series, all you see in the beginning, is an armchair then suddenly you see a shadow/silhouette figure of a man, who then sits down on the armchair,
its got a spooky theme tune aswell.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The only thing that springs to mind is "Sapphire and Steel", which was a really strange tv series about 2 "elements" (which of course they aren't)assigned to investigate strange temporal or ghost like anomalies. I never really did fully understand it.

The ghost in the armchair thing though escapes me.

If you like really good '80s scary stuff I can definitely recommend "The Nightmare Man", very good sci fi.

join