It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preventing Armageddon: The Series?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   
I found this while browsing around and did a quick search for it on ATS. I dont think its been posted before.

Enjoy.

Ill paste the introduction paragraphs from each and let you go from there.

Preventing Armageddon I: Enhancing America's Border & Port Security After 9/11
www.ccc.nps.navy.mil...

9/11 radically redefined America’s perception of the world beyond its borders and the dangers it faces at home. Ever since, the United States has sought to reinvigorate its efforts to secure not only its long land frontiers with Mexico and Canada, but also it hundreds of seaports that are scattered along its thousands of miles of coastline.

Once, America felt secure and isolated from the world, protected by the vast Atlantic and Pacific oceans off both its shores. But now, America feels uniquely exposed to the world’s dangers, with long, porous borders and seaports that appear, in hindsight, remarkably unprotected—and which now are proving exceedingly difficult to secure and defend from the new array of threats in the post 9/11 world, ranging from nuclear and radiological attack to bio/chemical attack.

Preventing Armageddon II: Confronting the Specter of Agriterror
www.ccc.nps.navy.mil...

Deep in America’s heartland—where our country’s vast agricultural system sustains not only the nutritional requirements of nearly 300 million people, but contributes over $50 billion US each year to America’s export-economy—there is a new, lingering worry on our security experts’ minds. This new, dark fear is of a deliberate terror attack of America’s food supply.

Indeed, this fear was recently articulated publicly—and clearly—by outgoing Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) Tommy Thompson during a candid question period following the announcement of his resignation on December 3, 2004, during which he shared his grave concern about the possibility of a terrorist attack on the nation's food supply:

"For the life of me, I cannot understand why the terrorists have not attacked our food supply because it is so easy to do."

These are quite long articles so expect a lenghty read.

And when you are done there, check out this gold mine of reading material:
www.ccc.nps.navy.mil...

Including:
A Plan for Revitalizing the Iraqi Economy
www.ccc.nps.navy.mil...

Russian-Iranian Relations: Outlook for Cooperation with the “Axis of Evil”
www.ccc.nps.navy.mil...

Understanding Jihadi Networks
www.ccc.nps.navy.mil...

The Sources of Terrorist Conduct
www.ccc.nps.navy.mil...

Seriously, check out these articles, theres enough there to talk about for ages.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Bump.

At least check out the links !

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
excellent. Thanks.

My favorite, from Tommy Thompson: "For the life of me, I cannot understand why the terrorists have not attacked our food supply ...."

Answer: Because everyone knows that American agri-business already destroyed America's food supply:

a) Agriculture in America's heartland depends on irrigating with water from the Great Plains/Ogallala aquifer; and b) the aquifer has been drained almost bone dry.

Thanks again. Needed that.

join