It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

donate now, what about before

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
it just tickles my stomach how so many millions of dollars are being raised for the residents of new orleans after all this devastation, but what happened before hand. why wasnt oprah, chris rock, walmart and everyone else helping when there was no disaster. it would have probably been a better help if these tens of millions of dollars were donated years before hand and put to good use. then there wouldnt be so much poverty down there for some of the *gluteal*nuts to argue about and use as an excuse. its a shame that it takes a disaster to bring all this great money, time, and effort together, but before all that. "who cares about those poor people, if they try, they can do it. even with all the generations of negative friends and family members surrounding them and driling their heads with nonsense". im gonna stop before i start ranting, but what do you think

Mod Edit: please refrain from using profanity

[edit on 9/18/05 by FredT]

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 07:12 PM
link   

why wasnt oprah, chris rock, walmart and everyone else helping when there was no disaster.

Before the disaster, people had means to help themselves. If they chose not to do so and be poor or in poverty....oh well that's on them. They can earn money somehow.

it would have probably been a better help if these tens of millions of dollars were donated years before hand and put to good use.

Well in that case I want my free hand-outs! Go ahead and give me a pre-disaster check for...let's say $50,000. ok.

then there wouldnt be so much poverty down there for some of the ass nuts to argue about and use as an excuse.

Umm, again.....it's not the celebs job to rid the world of poverty. It's always good ot help, I admire that very much in people who take THIER HARD EARNED time and money and use it to help others that NEED it. Before Katrina, the good people of NO had the means to take care of themselves....so why should I /WE help them? Now they are pretty much SOL and screwed...so they deserve help, that have NO MEANS to make ends meet at the current time.

Anyways, what does poverty have to do with this????? Rich or poor, weather does not discreminate....are you saying we should have spent millions in NO prior to the disaster only for katrina to wipe it all out?

Hand-outs to able humans that screwed thier own lives (no disaster)

Helping out Hurricane disaster victims who lost everything

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 10:29 AM
link   
i know its not a celebs job to save the world, but if hypothetically, those millions of dollars were donated years ago in just one big rejuvination for new orleans or any city in bad shape. it could possibly stop the generations of ignorant people created in these cities of despair. its okay not to be selfish if your a billion dollar company or a 20 million dollar actor. they may or may not have screwed themselves. being in the real world, im sure there are alot in that city who just didnt give a *wind*, and many who just needed that extra little bit of help to get them on their feet properly. i just personally think that if you wanna really help out, then it shouldnt take a natural disaster for you to become selfless. im not knocking what theyre doing but im sure you get my drift.

yes millions should have been spent to help take a *"censored"* hole into something grand. we wouldnt have known about the hurricane doing what it did anyways. unless you can predict the future accurately and im not talking about a few months before this, im talking about years and years before this. a gradual thing, but whatever.

i know there are two sides to what im saying. im just pointing out this side, because its the most positive.

then again, we do live in the real world. it was a thought i guess

Mod Edit: Please do not bypass the profanity censors.

[edit on 9/18/05 by FredT]

join