It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VHF Satellite Coming Through!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This is my third attempt at posting the article and I am rapidly losing patience. The gist of the article is that the Very High Frequency experimental satellite has a piece of encryption equipment that is staying its launch. I have heard that VLF signals are bad for humans, so I don't like the idea of VHF's being beamed around too!

Actual Article

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
You really are worrying about nothing, we know that freqencies in the range of microwaves most probably can cause harm, but they need to be at a sufficient strength. No satellite is capable of putting out a concentrated and powerful enough signal to cause any damage to anyone or anything. Unless there was the exception of some sort of weapon, which this is not as it is a communications satellite. Technically, having any form of satellite in space that is capable of being used as a weapon would breach certain treaties anyhow - so if they did deploy one they definately would not publicise it.

Anyway, VHF covers the range of 30Mhz to 300Mhz, which this satellite does not even transmit in.
You are right in that very low frequencies can have adverse effects, however with radio waves it is not simply the case that the higher the frequency the worse the effect.

This story is basically irrelevent in worrying about adverse effects of radio waves, things like HAARP, mobile phone masts and TETRA are more justifiable in questioning, but this is not - and that's probably why no-one has bothered replying to it in all honesty.

But well done on trying anyway, do some reading up on the subject if you are really interested and also I would suggest doing a Ham radio course, you will learn about the fundamental principles of radio (though I have forgotten a lot as I did it 12 years ago now! LOL) and you will also get into what can be an interesting hobby.
The more interesting aspects these days are the ability to contact the International Space Station - when they are on air! (They have several Amateur Radio features on board - including the ability to talk to the licensed crew members).

[edit on 16-9-2005 by AgentSmith]

new topics

join