It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Getting the public high and hooked on pesticides?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Ok... I'm looking for validation on this on... a friend of mine worked for a lawn spray company in the mid nineties. He said one of the common things he would spray for pest control was something called durspan or dersban sp? He says it was originally used as a nerve gas and that the military "watered it down" for civilian use as a pesticide. He also said that he always thought he was just having a "magical time" in customers gardens when he was applying the product... He even gets a glazed look in his eyes when he is telling the story.... it was one of his favorite things to spray.

Anyway, years later came to realize he was just wacked out on nerve gas the whole time. During his stay at the lawnspray company, the government finally outlawed the stuff... he and his associates immediately became protective of the remaining product, as they were hooked on the "high". Do you have anymore of that stuff? Are you going out to spray some more... lemme come with you on that next durspan job... Eventually he had a moment of clarity and decided he wanted out of the chem business. He told his boss why and no questions asked left that day.

Now I know this thread kind of has a "drug" element to it... but mods please let it go, I am honestly curious as to the intent of those producing this and other pesticides to addict the public to their product. I DO NOT recommend huffing pesticides.

Comments? Can anyone validate this story? I am especially interested in others who have worked for lawn spray companies or pesticide manufacturers.

Sri Oracle

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 12:07 AM
link   
If I am anywhere near pestisides my airways constrict due to a medical condition so I couldn't tell ya, wouldn't surprise me in the least and it also wouldn't surprise me if it was a monstanto product.

join