It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My computer wont start properly

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
No need for apolgies mate, and dont think ur opinion is underappreciated..
its just when u put so many LOLs at other peoples advice when there actually on the right path it frustrates them..

Wether he's fixed the problem or in the process of formatting and reinstalling we'll never know cause he hasnt replied for some time now.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I can give you an idea of what it might could be. Tell me about any replacement hardware, software etc. Have you already installed XP Service Pack 2? Have you installed any type of hardware (i.e. video card, RAM, sound card, etc.) If the computer is automatically booting up to the backscreen where you see what to choose, the problem could possibly be a software conflict. Remove ANY and ALL magnetic matereal around your computer becasue your HDD is magnetic. All information stored on your computer is taken to your HDD and is magnetically stored. Perhaps a file could be corrupt. If this is the case, moving the HDD to another computer will not work at all. One more thing (in a hurry sorry), you cannot use a combination of DDR and SD RAM.. U2U me for more questions.

brodband..

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
cheesy1907,

when you get the option, does the computer then go into Safe Mode?
If so, then try the msconfig options mentioned earlier.

<< 1   >>

join