It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore and Cindy Sheehan goes to help Katrina victims

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 12:27 AM
link   
i think this is just stupid with saying that michael moore and cindy are just doing it to politisize their cause. Well if you say that then you can just say that bush is doing that also and all the governers. Anyone who works in a sort of political environment is in some way politisizing it.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
EXACTLY!

That's the friggin' point!

Two people sitting in a church. The collection plate comes along. One man stands up, takes out his wallet, makes a show of pulling out a crisp hundred dollar bill and placing it in the plate. One man discreetly drops a dollar in as the plate passes. Who is the greater philanthropist?

Celebrity culture, and the accompanying celebrity causes, are a mockery of real charity. These idiots get all the press, when there are hard working people who devote their lives to reducing the suffering of others with no pay and little thanks.

And the real charitable people don't ride in limousines or have ten bodyguards or fly around in jets mugging for the cameras. Why? Because there's work to be done.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 04:05 AM
link   

You have voted WyrdeOne for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Way to goWyrdeOne, I agree!

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well its a good thing then that Moore and Sheehan has gotten very little press over their being in N.O.. One of the things many of you keep missing is how so many of the Katrina victims keep saying to the people who have volunteered to go in and work with Sheehan is how they are the first ones to offer them any relief in any form and thats 14+ days after the storm. Their asking where is the relief?

michaelmoore.com...

michaelmoore.com...

We handed out food and water to hundreds today. They are good people, full of hope, even at this time of tragedy. The people I spoke to today feel blessed to have survived. I was told story after story of people praying in their houses during the storm. These are all people who didn't have the means or the resources to get out of New Orleans before the storm.

Left behind by the government before the storm, they feel equally as forgotten after the storm. No one had even been able to connect with FEMA. Most people call all day everyday and get no one on the other end.

The Red Cross is non-existent too. One resident told me a story of a Red Cross truck driving through their neighborhood. They ran out to ask them where the Red Cross base was around here and they were told, "We don’t know."

[edit on 20-9-2005 by goose]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Sheehan's long gone from N.O., she's now in New York hounding Hillary Clinton...

politics.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 10:12 PM
link   
The folks who volunteered to go down there with her are still there and are reporting back through the website what they are seeing and hearing. and i find it amazing that with all the news coverage that some people down there still has not received any help in any form.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join