It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Images While In Meditation!..Good Or Bad?!?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 09:27 AM
link   
What the Original Poster was describing sounds like "hypnogogic imagery"

This special state of consciousness happens usually when one is on the brink of sleep. Frequent sensations include the image of falling, or of someone throwing or shooting an object at the viewer. Caused in part by the optic nerve's search for motion in the visual field, even though the eyes are closed.

You can read up on it with a quick google search.

As the master said, "if you pay no attention, it will fade away."

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Woa, thanks for the warning, late but. I will not do it until I get better!
But is strange, in the book I bought it never mention anything about being sick and the meditation... I suppose the monks in the Tibet never get sick of flu!
May I suggest making a FAQ of meditation? In other forum there where FAQS about others psychic stuff and techniques but no for meditation specially. Perhaps is good to do it. No more newbies like me asking "IS this normal?" and doing same questions over and over?!

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Thats exactly how id describe it...i get so relaxed i feel ready to sleep..but to deep to dream...i can see swirls of waves(like brain waves)like static...and i fall into them over and over again..as images of places, people, and events rush towards me...at one point..i remember seeing wat to me looked like hundreds of thousands of these entities..like human souls all rushing in one direction..and i got up and flew with them...as this happened..my body completly tingled and got butterflies..when i opened my eyes and became fully aware..i was so freakin happy! i seriously was never in a better mood in my life than that night...i could have huged hitler hah!~Kiliker

new topics

<< 1   >>

join