It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

25 Mind-Numbingly Stupid Quotes About Hurricane Katrina And Its Aftermath

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I am very shocked at these quotes, I cannot believe
our leaders would actually say things like this. I found
this on about .com. A list of 25 stupid quotes about
Katina out of politicians and the media's mouth.

1) "I don't think anybody anticipated the breach of the
levees." –President Bush, on "Good Morning America,"
Sept. 1, 2005, six days after repeated warnings from
experts about the scope of damage expected from
Hurricane Katrina (Source)

Link for the 25 Mind-Numbingly Stupid Quotes About Hurricane Katrina And Its Aftermath

There are also more quotes on page 4 that didn't make
the 25 list. It's amazing that these people are ruining,
I mean running this country. What's more amazing is the
amount of people that actually listen and blindly follow
them and think that our they (our leaders) actually know
what they are talking about.

I'll tell you though, and this could get me a warn but these
politicians are just plain DUMB. No question about it. I am
ashamed to say that they are the ones that lead this country,
and represent the American people. No wonder why America
is the laughing stock of this world. And for all you people that
actually blindly follow them and actually listen to thier crap, I do
love this country. I love the constitution, I love the Bill of rights.
So please do not get on here and call me anti-american or
un-patriotic. Remember, the constitution says to question and
not to trust your government.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   

"This is the largest disaster in the history of the United States, over an area twice the size of Europe. People have to understand this is a big, big problem.'' –Sen. Ted Stevens (R-Alaska), Sept. 6, 2005
Source with European map on top of Louisiana

And I thought I was bad at geography.... Guess not. Oh what has become of America's Senators and their sense of place?

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Yeah, the devastated area really is that big
. Man I'll tell
you these politicians are getting dumber & dumber by the
minute. You want to know what has become of our senators?
Or any politic at that? It no longer is a requirement to have a
brain to hold office in this country. Just need money and the
right connections. Especially president.

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Have to admitt thats funny as hell.

I know a little more about this guy and I am not one bit surprised, but I am not at liberty to discuss this..

posted on Sep, 13 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
In Senator Stevens' defense, he's from alaska, and thats a big wide open state, so you can excuse him for thinking that if Alaska is this big, then like the whole US, which is made up of like 50 alaskas, must be 'ginormous'. (thats a technicaly term).

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:14 AM
link   

"I mean, you have people who don't heed those warnings and then put people at risk as a result of not heeding those warnings. There may be a need to look at tougher penalties on those who decide to ride it out and understand that there are consequences to not leaving." –Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA), Sept. 6, 2005

This guy is scum, not at all surprised to see it confirmed once again. The moron wants to prosecute people who didn't evacuate?
I think that we've got much bigger fish to fry right now. If the threat of a hurricane coming in to destroy your town isn't enough to motivate you to evacuate, wtf is santorum going to do??

[edit on 14-9-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Twice the size of Europe?

Thats so friggin stupid, I don't know what to say!!

How big does he think America is? And this is coming from an "educated" politician!!

Kinda reinforces the fact that 10% of Americans cannot find America on a map and even worse statistics for knowing anything else about the world.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 01:57 AM
link   

2) "What I'm hearing which is sort of scary is that they all want to stay in Texas. Everybody is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway so this (chuckle) – this is working very well for them." –Former First Lady Barbara Bush, on the hurricane evacuees at the Astrodome in Houston, Sept. 5, 2005

Behind every great idiot man there`s a great..........................

Thats twice now Nygdan woohoo

[edit on 14-9-2005 by gps777]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:09 AM
link   

9) "Louisiana is a city that is largely under water." –Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, news conference, Sept. 3, 2005

Another one who doesn't know his geography.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   

5) "Brownie, you're doing a heck of a job." –President Bush, to FEMA director Michael Brown, while touring hurricane-ravaged Mississippi, Sept. 2, 2005

Maybe Bush is`nt a great idiot as i referred before,if HECK means atrocious in his mind?

Its sickening how the heads of departments pat themselves on the back regardless of popular opinion.

Edit to add-correction popular opinion is only what mainstream media allows the majority to believe.

I should have said popular opinion of those privy to all sorces on ATS.

[edit on 14-9-2005 by gps777]

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 03:17 AM
link   

2) "What I'm hearing which is sort of scary is that they all want to stay in Texas. Everybody is so overwhelmed by the hospitality. And so many of the people in the arena here, you know, were underprivileged anyway so this (chuckle) – this is working very well for them." –Former First Lady Barbara Bush, on the hurricane evacuees at the Astrodome in Houston, Sept. 5, 2005

Scary? Does the thought of all of those poor black evacuees staying in Texas really frighten you, Barbara?

What an idiot!

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 04:12 AM
link   

7) "Well, I think if you look at what actually happened, I remember on Tuesday morning picking up newspapers and I saw headlines, 'New Orleans Dodged the Bullet.' Because if you recall, the storm moved to the east and then continued on and appeared to pass with considerable damage but nothing worse." –Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff, blaming media coverage for the government's failings, "Meet the Press," Sept. 4, 2005

I liken this to saying "Yes a plane crashed with everyone on board but we were able to save the black box" or "terrorist`s exploded a dirty bomb, mungrels should have cleaned it first,but at least they did`nt drop a real nuke".

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Just goes to show how out-of-touch our representatives are.

That's enough to crack you up...Bush saying no one anticipated the levee breach. There were numerous Katrina threads on Fark.com and while Katrina was approaching we were discussing possible levee breaches...and I don't know how many times the lyrics to When the Levee Breaks were posted....

Maybe Bush should get educated and visit ATS--or even Fark.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Kinda reinforces the fact that 10% of Americans cannot find America on a map

10% of NYC school-children, not american in general.

Thats twice now Nygdan woohoo

I've created a quote monster! Its alive, aliiiiiiiiive!

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 04:50 AM
link   

21) "It's totally wiped out. ... It's devastating, it's got to be doubly devastating on the ground." –President Bush, turning to his aides while surveying Hurricane Katrina flood damage from Air Force One, Aug. 31, 2005

How could anyone take this guy serious or is it me,can something be doubly totally wiped out,this guy`s doubly messed up in the head

I've created a quote monster! Its alive, aliiiiiiiiive!

I saw your point ........................................................................i snatched it

......puff.............................pant...............................and ran away with it.

I`m having to much fun with it to care

If i had one of those dancing bananas but with bolts in it`s neck that would be me

[edit on 15-9-2005 by gps777]

top topics

join