It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you been able to change people's minds?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 07:49 PM
link   
While the Zogby Poll last summer and other polls show a lot of people believe the government knew something was going to happen; by and large for the most part most people buy the official story by and through.
they have no idea that Osama was a CIA operative, and that the CIA fudned $1 billion to al Qaeda in the 80's. No idea about WTC7, or Norad's standing down/war games.

The pieces to the 9/11 puzzle have become so large and evident as of 2005, right in front of us, that it's just amazing more people havent caught on.

I have two questions for ya guys:

1. Have you been able to convince, or open up people you know to the possibility something fishy happened on 9/11? For me after showing people Martial Law 9/11 as well as other stuff I've been able to get people I know thinking. Some thing it was criminal negligence while a few people think it was some shadow illuminati government thing. What people need to come away with, is that at the very least, the government allowed 9/11 to happen to further what was written in the PNAC manifesto in sept 2000.

2. Do you feel the outlandish conspiracies of 9/11 hurt the overlal 911 truth movement? I do.

Millitarized planes hitting the WTC, no jumbo jet hitting the pentagon, missles, all this nonsense. I'm sure Bush and company love these fanciful conspiracies as it discredits the real truth. All these things are red herrings.

What should be looked at is the WTC 7, explosions in WTC1&2, Norad's strange anomalies that day, Bush and the bin Ladens, Osama and the CIA(kidney dialysis treatment, funding, etc) And then look at how Bush and company have benefited since 9/11 after wishing for it to happen.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I've been able to expose a lot of people to this info, which has led most of them to disregard the propoganda, but there are people that will never be able to accept an event like this as government-employed, even for a moment. They won't even consider it. And these are the kinds of people that let Hitler come to power. Even if these "conspiracy theories" are all somehow wrong, and science as we know it needs to be rewritten, these are the sorts of people that betray democracy by not being vigilant.

And not only are they not vigilant, but they're aggressively non-vigilant. Most of them apparently take great pleasure in harrassing and mocking those that raise these sorts of questions, which is scary enough in itself.

As for your second question, yes. The unfounded ideas aren't helping anyone. There is a fine line between indiscriminate skepticism and gullibility. It's easy to get caught up in an "us vs. them" mentality and back ideas that don't need to be backed, just because a perceived rival is attacking the idea. Stick with facts, science, and good logic.

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I find it rather funny how offended people get by questions of the official story. They call it unpatriotic, yet the ability to think and raise those questions is what this country is based on.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Thankfully, yes. A couple of people. One of them was (and I stress the word "was,") a dedicated member of the GOP.

Basically, I showed them the evidence and told them to look for certain things. Evidence of additional explosions, witnesses to seeing or hearing those additional explosions, the confusion over Building Seven, the perfect demolition of Building Seven in under eight hours, the mysterious disappearing plane at the Pentagon, the inconsistent damage to the Pentagon, the inconsistent crash pattern in Shanksville.

All Miss Now-Former Republican could say was "why?"

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
i've spread around the various info too, and it's amazing to see the reactions.

Some like mentioned above, don't even want to consider the possibility, which i find sad, but it's ususaly because they have not looked into it, ignorance is bliss right.

Even last night i showed a friend Loose change, and for every new point made in the docu, he had 17 questions, why would they do that, i can't imagine this or that... but at the end he had to admit, the official story is in facta conspiracy theory.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   
It might have been possible to change my mind if almost everyone that was trying would stop calling me sheeple, and an idiot, and a facist, etc when I raised a possible explanation that disagreed with what they were saying. It happens over and over again, in most of the threads I've posted in.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Many, many people.

Not many of them fall into the category of highly patriotic/Jingostic American people who believe their preferred political brand/party is incapable of evil, corruption and insidious damage control propaganda to cover up what is obvious.

posted on Sep, 12 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Here is the biggest obstacle in getting people to wake up to the possibilty that *something* fishy is up with the official 9/11 story:
And that is all the wild disinformation. Missles, millitarized planes, the freemasons, aliens, whatever.

I think Martial Law 9/11 is THE best documentary to show people. Michael Moore had this big chance to show what happened, and he white washed the whole thing. Alex Jone's Martial Law did more fact checking that even Moore did, and has almost too much scienfific and fact based evidence.

Sadly, whenever ya try to present any sort of alternative side, people get confused with the tinfoil hat alien elvis bigfoot stuff. Maybe in 30 years, much like how th epublic began to see JFK as a cIA coverup, they will see the truth. If its not too late.

Whats sad is how even hardcore anti Bush leftists refuse to believe the government at some level was in on 9/11. the same folks that wanted us to vote in Bush' Skull N Bones buddy.

The biggest barrier to getting people to open up to this possibility is simply the fact that it is potentially too soul crushing to comprehend. That at some shadow level of government, elements in this government could be that evil to do this. You look at Reichstad, Operation Northwood, etc and you can see a pattern.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by 8bitagent

I tried talking to a few people about 9/11 after watching "In Plane Sight" but I only got negative to VERY negative responses.

I've completely stopped telling people about 9/11 inconsistencies or bad-mouthing the government in public because I'm afraid. With the recent decision in regards to Jose Padilla any one of us could be labelled as an enemy combatant and held without due process. Anyone is a potential terrorist, including me and you; and I'm afraid that if I even suggest that the government might have had something to do with 9/11 I could be reported as a "terror suspect" and imprisoned indefinately.

I'm betting there are a lot of other people just like me who are afraid to speak out because of the Patriot Act and the Jose Padilla decision.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShakyaHeir

I tried talking to a few people about 9/11 after watching "In Plane Sight" but I only got negative to VERY negative responses.

I've completely stopped telling people about 9/11 inconsistencies or bad-mouthing the government in public because I'm afraid. With the recent decision in regards to Jose Padilla any one of us could be labelled as an enemy combatant and held without due process. Anyone is a potential terrorist, including me and you; and I'm afraid that if I even suggest that the government might have had something to do with 9/11 I could be reported as a "terror suspect" and imprisoned indefinately.

I'm betting there are a lot of other people just like me who are afraid to speak out because of the Patriot Act and the Jose Padilla decision.

Well that's exactly what they want! Don't ever stop speaking your mind, you have every right to.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShroomeryWell that's exactly what they want! Don't ever stop speaking your mind, you have every right to.

I'll start speaking my mind again once I've safely moved to Canada.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 05:15 AM
link   
You think you'll be safe in Canada?

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShroomeryWell that's exactly what they want! Don't ever stop speaking your mind, you have every right to.

I'll start speaking my mind again once I've safely moved to Canada.

Sounds like you know more then we do

They can't kill everyone who 'knows' what happend and make it look like suicide.
If they did it would cause more suspiscion(sp?) and an even bigger movement would mobilize against the powers that be.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by uknumpty
You think you'll be safe in Canada?

Safer than I am in the US.

By Canada I don't mean Vancouver or Toronto, I mean northern Canada, where there are absolutely no people.

I think all young men in the US should consider moving, at least until 2008. I fear that a draft will be coming soon, but everyone I talk to tries to tell me that the US will never have another draft.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I tried to hold rational discussions with people that I knew; especially when I was in highschool, but it was to now avail. Either they felt the way I did, or they called me an unpatriotic idiot, and to shut up. Maybe one day the majority of people will start to come around; even if that means that OBL has to be caught, and put up on a podium and tell the world that he didn't do it.

posted on Sep, 14 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrdimmle
I tried to hold rational discussions with people that I knew; especially when I was in highschool, but it was to now avail. Either they felt the way I did, or they called me an unpatriotic idiot, and to shut up. Maybe one day the majority of people will start to come around; even if that means that OBL has to be caught, and put up on a podium and tell the world that he didn't do it.

If Osama is caught "officially"(who knows if he's alive, being held, or what)
like they'd ever release publicly what he says. Again, I want to sress that Osama and Saddam truly are evil men; but the US helped create these frankensteins to what they became.

Anyways, I'm just waiting for the big break in the mainstream press; something that even the media can't cover up. Where's the "Deep Throat" of 9/11? Also, I wonder what the secret government operational code name for 9/11 was.

posted on Sep, 15 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I don't bother telling people anymore, not really because of fear, just because I don't enjoy explaining it to morons anymore. If someone seems intelligent enough to comprehend it I will let them know. One of my friends is going into journalism and I was able to get him thinking, which was surprising becuase I'd have thought his classes would have brainwashed him by now.

new topics

top topics

join