It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Years and Counting.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
It's been four years. America's own tools of commerce used to further an extremist cause with terror. Regardless of how it may have come about, or who perpitrated the crime, or who failed to foresee and put a halt to the plans, we must remember those who died that day. No matter who is at fault, there is no doubt in my mind that those who died that day did not deserve this kind of death. They may have voted for Bush in the election, but that doesn't mean they should've died for it. Even if Bush was the one that allowed this to happen, they're not at fault. Who in their right mind would volunteer to be a victim in this disaster? I didn't lose any family or friends on 9/11, but I still regret the event. After all was said and done, I lost all my sympathy for the family members that sued the government and reaped millions of dollars in compensation. When that happened, I lost what little respect for the courts I had.

As September 11th comes and goes I ask you, keep in your mind the ideals that America was built on. Keep in your mind the ones lost in the tragedy. And keep in your mind how people reacted. We can only learn from this mistake. It's unfortunate that some learned that you can get free money. It's unfortunate that many learned how vulnerable we are. It's very, very unfortunate to know that America, as a whole is blind and ignorant of the world. It's not our fault the world is as it is.... to a point. We just elect the lesser of two evils, and hope they aren't too evil.

I'm done with my rant. But please, don't forget 9/11. Thank a firefighter, thank a cop, thank a military member for the service they do.

(Feel free to move this to a more appropriate forum...)

[edit on 10-9-2005 by Shaker]

[edit on 10-9-2005 by Shaker]

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shaker
No matter who is at fault, there is no doubt in my mind that those who died that day deserved this kind of death.

You might want to re-examine your grammar on that particular sentence before someone gets the wrong idea.

Other than that, nice post.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
YIKES!!!! Good catch!!

join